Argus Start Groups

Red Zone

Does anyone agree that the start groups are too close together. The organsers are trying to get everyone on the road sooner, but with the VA group only 3 mins behind the A group, there is a good chance that they will come together. B group also has a good chance of catching VB with such a small gap. Last year there were 5 minute gaps. In 07 we (B group) caught VB before Smits with a 5 min gap, we were stuck behind the toppies for ages.

The last group starts at 10 !!! 

If they made the gaps a minute longer, the poor guys would be starting close to 11am.  Then they would be finishing after 5pm. 

I think they try there best to cater for everyone.  The other option would be to have bigger groups, but this would mean more of a safety issue at the start.

Does anyone agree that the start groups are too close together. The organsers are trying to get everyone on the road sooner' date=' but with the VA group only 3 mins behind the A group, there is a good chance that they will come together. B group also has a good chance of catching VB with such a small gap. Last year there were 5 minute gaps. In 07 we (B group) caught VB before Smits with a 5 min gap, we were stuck behind the toppies for ages.[/quote']

not sure about whether the gaps are big enough?

question really is how many of the B group will catch the front bunch of VB?

Starting in VB , so'ill be on the lookout for you Foe!! Let me know if you come past

Does anyone agree that the start groups are too close together. The organsers are trying to get everyone on the road sooner' date=' but with the VA group only 3 mins behind the A group, there is a good chance that they will come together. B group also has a good chance of catching VB with such a small gap. Last year there were 5 minute gaps. In 07 we (B group) caught VB before Smits with a 5 min gap, we were stuck behind the toppies for ages.[/quote']

not sure about whether the gaps are big enough?

question really is how many of the B group will catch the front bunch of VB?

Starting in VB , so'ill be on the lookout for you Foe!! Let me know if you come past

Trubie, I thought you were planning to catch Lance ???

???

The start list I have has the Invitational off at 06:15, then the racing tandems, then VA, then VB + Women, then VM (50 +), and then A, 10 minutes behind VM (and probably 14 minutes behind VB), then B 10 minutes behind A?  Thn the gaps come down to 7 minutes, and then eventually to 3 minutes later in the alphabet.

Where did you get your list Homer? The start groups on the Cycletour website are as follows:

A at 6:24, VA at 6:27, VB at 6:31, VM and B at 6:34, then each group at 3 min gaps.

VA's WILL catch A group.......en dans dit NAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Those toppies and their EPOH and Funriders don't mix well.....

Hat, coat, door

VA's WILL catch A group.......en dans dit NAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Those toppies and their EPOH and Funriders don't mix well.....

Hat' date=' coat, door

[/quote']

How will it be night if the old toppies catch A Spinnekop? I don't intend taking until night to finish! I gotta catch a plane and be back in JHB by night!

WinkSmile

Old start times would have been a mess of sorts. You would have guys like me started in A but being to weak and drifting back through the bunch trying to old on to every bunch. Because of the 1 min. gaps that would given me the best time.  With 10 min gaps things should be MUCH better. Guess thats why everyones seeding jump so much.....they made the groups much bigger again to be able to have longer gaps between the groups.

Accommodating - is it 42,000 cyclists this year - leads to smaller groups with 3 min gaps.

Unless the race starts earlier, say at 05h30, to facilitate bigger gaps between groups.

3 mins is tight. smiley9.gif

VA's WILL catch A group.......en dans dit NAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Those toppies and their EPOH and Funriders don't mix well.....

?

Hat' date=' coat, door

?

?
[/quote']

VA should catch A... gonna be a big fast group to the finishfandacious2010-03-02 09:46:39