Saddle Creeeaaking

EtienneB

I have a Fizik Gobi XM on a X-mission Comp seatpost.

There is an incessant creaking noise with every little movement on the saddle. Its driving me nuts!

It sounds to me as if it comes from the saddle area rather than the seatpost clamp area.

What are the possible causes, how do I eliminate and treat each of them?

I have tried cleaning and putting a little bit of Q20 on all contact points between parts.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Had the same problem. I had it coming from the back of the saddle itself were the rails were housed.

Had to laugh out loud at the "its driving me nuts". smiley36.gif

If its still new, take it back.

Same saddle, same issue. Spray some silicone spray into the ends of the rails where they meet the saddle. After a few kms should be sorted once the silicone has had a chance to work in.

Same saddle' date=' same issue. Spray some silicone spray into the ends of the rails where they meet the saddle. After a few kms should be sorted once the silicone has had a chance to work in.[/quote']

I have the same saddle and same issue.  The noise came from the nose where the rails connect onto the saddle. Sprayed silicon and problem solved.Big%20smile

I had similar issue with a new Fizik Arione and Thomson setapost. It turned out to be the seatpost. Clean the seatpost, lubricate with grease and re-insert

LOL  I have same saddle and same seatpost with same issue.....

I tightened the nuts some more today and the creaking is provisionally gone, i just rode around the block.  Ill do the silicon thing for good measure as well.