Rudy Project Optical Insert

Riario

Can the Rudy Project Rydon Crystal Photochromatic (Clear to Grey) sunglasses be used with an optical insert?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

How is it fixed to the frame?

Can you guys please point me to an optometrist that can set me up with a pair?

Any other suggestions for photochromatic RX sunglasses?

(P)P

Yes they can - works great and clips in on inside center.  Can also script the same lenses direct in frame without an insert (Rydon).  Call Bernhard - Rudy Project Optometrist - 0861 783 972 (bernhard@asgworld.co.za) - very friendly guy.  Also, check out asgsport.co.za - follow link to Rudy Project and RX.

Optical inset works fine in Rydons - go for it.

I also got Optical inserts and have no problems with them. They are also easy to use.  Done a lot of races with them, been using since June 2009. May check out some Bike shops. Got mine much cheaper than at a Optometrist. You can just take the insert to them to do the optical lenses for your insert.

Do you order the opitcal insert seperately from the sunglasses?

How much is it (without the prescription lenses)?

Is anyone using the insert with the photochromatic lenses?

(P)P

Hi there, best is to call Bernhard (he sorted me out through my own optom).  His cell: 082 4562645.  Think the insert was approx R600 without the script.  My med fund paid for this and script.

The insert clips in behind the lens (there are small little holes on both sides of the bridge of the frame - very neat!)

Good luck!

Ps. Consider direct in frame script for Rydon - more expensive but works great!  Speak to Bernhard!

Do you order the opitcal insert seperately from the sunglasses? Yes

How much is it (without the prescription lenses)? I paid about R495

Is anyone using the insert with the photochromatic lenses? Yes. Love them as you can use it at night as well. And in forest sections the tint adjust accordingly. Won't change to any other brand.

(P)P