Stan No Tubes Rims

Caerus

Im looking to upgrade to tubeless wheels, what are the No Tubes ZTR 355 disc rims like? Can anyone  recommend them at all? If not what other alternatives are there. Im looking at getting them built up from Chain Reaction Cycles. Any ideas on hubs and tyres would be great too.

Thanks

Great rims for allround mtb racing and riding, specially if you are of normal weight.

I have them, got them second hand and they have been bottomed a few times on rocks.  no bending and still 99% true, spokes need a little tentioning maybe.

The rims are good allrounders, marathon, xc and light all mountain no issues.

The bead hook ensures no burping and works best with normal tyres, tubeless ready was way too hard too mount.  I got UST tyres for training now, the guys say they mount easier but im unsure, will see about that. 

Id recommend alligator aries type rotors with the yellow tape and valve(lighter, cheaper and easier to take out if a tube is needed) some Ti bolts if you like for the rotors and then maxxis aspen tyres, R 330-375 local, only 460g, love mine. 

Hubs i dont know well, American classic light and good value, I got dt 240s, still going with much abuse and little maintanance. 

Get the Stan's podium mmx wheelset, good all round and very well priced at around R6000. I have had the olympic rims on XT hubs for 3 years now and are still going strong...

I got the ztr 355 with Hope pro 2 hubs. Using the stans yellow rim tape. I  hit plenty sh!t really hard at sani and have not lost any pressure and still run true. I thought the noisy Hopes would bug me but they let anyone ahead of you know your are there and makes passing less of a gamble on single track.

Techguy please tell me where I can get the MMX for R6000 ???

Local shops are 10,5k and I can get them built for 8k here, with my dealer price from overseas I can get them for 6,8k +/- .

So then you would definatly recommened the wheels set then, im also looking at the hope 2 hubs, but was worried about the excessive noise. What did you pay if you dont mind me asking?