Cycling Shorts/Bibs

Chubba

What brand of cycling shorts/bibs have the best padding?

I have a pair of First Accent MTB shorts with padding and they are not very protective or comfortable. Need to get a new pair and was hoping for some direction.

there are lots of posts...search the hub.

of the local stuff I like the anatomic most...first ascent are terrible for my butt

But really Girodana silverline - check chainreactionscycles for them...well priced and VERY comfortable

Thanks for the feedback, a mate of mine just bought a pair of anatomic bib shorts and has gone off to the Sani 2 Sea.

Can recommend cape storm nitros but now the special for R695 is over so they are almost 1k, rather go giordana then, maybe some shop still has CS stock at the old price ?

I've found Santini to be very comfy, bought a pair of Assos from Rad006 and will try them out this weekend.

What brand of cycling shorts/bibs have the best padding?

I have a pair of First Accent MTB shorts with padding and they are not very protective or comfortable. Need to get a new pair and was hoping for some direction.

ETXEONDO......best quality....best fit, arguebly the most comfy shorts out there.   Prices from R 1299....watch this space.....

20100305_041436_etxeondo_logo.jpg

It will be money well spent....rather spend money on a quality bib than a fancy accessory.

my 2 c worth!

Assos Mille bib shorts...

It is branded as the "long-distance" bib shorts.

Hmmm... It is just over R2,000.   smiley9.gif

All a bit steep for me. I got myself a pair of anatomic bib shorts with an enduro pad and they were a good price.

I tried them all and the only one that I can recommend is the Assos Mille. I wasted a lot of money on Ascent, this is not good not even if you want to go cheap on your ass.