Hatfield/PTA east cycle shops

Mbot

Hi,

Which cycle shop in this area has the best prices on services and parts?Dead

hatfield cycles in queenswood is good for me.

You can try Fritz Pienaar cycles or Bruce in Lynnwood.

The best bet is to compare the vibe, price and service in each shop before deciding what works for you.

different strokes for different folk, is all I say

I've found hot spot cycles to be quite good with servicing things at relatively good prices. Definitely better than fritz at servicing wheels - Fritz sent me away with an 'unfixable wheel' and hot spot sorted it out for R80. If you're going to be spending a fair amount of money on parts, go to solomons in pta north. Its a bit of a drive, but worth it.

Have tried all Canaris mentioned, but they are not nearly as good, reliable and great as what Cycle Fix (Silver Lakes) offers.

Only 2 in Pretoria that give unequaled customer satisfaction - Hot Spot and Cycle Fix.

Well theres a few, not sure on prices though.

1. FPC in hatfield - I believe their services are pretty good, prices im not sure

2. Bester Cycles - ive come across a few people that i know that arent entirely too happy with their work, but i guess if you need a quick fix they are there

3. Bruce Reyneke - Nice servicing - Bit pricey though but i think you pay for what you get

4. Hot spot cycles - Im not even gonna go there with this conversation ( walked in there about 3 weeks ago to pick up a small part & a customer was blasting, like really blasting the employee about the lack of attention given to his very expensive Merida ) Its not the 1st time ive seen that happen either

Try Cycle Mania in the Water Glen Centre.

Definitely the friendliest and most helpfull guy by the name of Jan who owns it.

Clap

Jan is a nice guy but more a family shop.  Fritz and Bruce have their good and bad moments. 

Hot spot i've never really had a good experience there, seems a bit unorganised ie, you wait for people to help, no-one knows where the bike is etc.  Can become irritating.

I use Bester in moreleta as its down the road, bouth my bike from the other branch, I;ve built a good relationship with Peet, very nice guy there.  They don't mind sorting stuff out on a friday for example. 

But they cant always get everything so I  shop everywhere, depends what I can get where and for what price....

I used Hatfield cycles in Queen's Corner when I lived in Hatfield.

Ask to speak to William very nice chap and always willing to help!Thumbs%20Up

any comments on Single Track?

Has anyone used them, what are their prices like?  I have not really used them since i discovered them...

The owner seems like a pretty decent chap...

Forgot about Bennie, very very nice guy that will go out of his way to help, always up for a chart, have rides on saturdays as well.

Forgot about Bennie' date=' very very nice guy that will go out of his way to help, always up for a chart, have rides on saturdays as well.[/quote']

ye for sure he is an upstanding member of society, but what about service and price...?

Up for a chart....?? Just kidding....Wink

I used Hatfield cycles in Queen's Corner when I lived in Hatfield.

?

Ask to speak to William very nice chap and always willing to help!Thumbs%20Up

William is now at Cycle Fix.

Single track is good got some friends that live out that way and they are very happy with singletrack and the service they get there. For myself I use Bester cycles in Waterkloof shopping Mall talk to Alex really nice guy and service is always good, and they dont have a problem getting your bike ready on a friday afternoon for an early Saturday ride.

Guest Big H

Learn to fix and service your bicycles yourself..... it takes a little bit of time, your hands get a little dirty, you learn how cheap it is to import spares from www.chainreactioncycles.com and you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself. You also do not have to worry about a untrained wrench in a descripid bicycle shop (that most of you do not seem to trust!!!!!) .................... stuffing up your pride and joy. Just take it to them when you cannot do the work yourself and then take pot luck and hope for the best. Big H2010-03-06 01:59:36

Have not tried Cycle Fix - will do so next after these comments.

Of the rest I prefer Bruce's - they are the most friendly to someone who does not look like an elite cyclist. The rest treat me like they dont want to bother with someone who does not look the part - or maybe just someone who does not look like they have money to spend? Hatfield cycles not really like this but they all seem a bit rushed/understaffed and this showed on my repairs done there.

Cycle Fix or Singletrack - have used them both and really good service with friendly guys.