KCNC MTB flat bars

Bat-ass

anybody had any bad experiences with KCNC SC bone mtb flat bar??

ie. breaking etc. i'm keen on one, but worry about light vs. strength on such a critical part?? 

I have had mine on since December 2008.

Did a lot of mileage and one epic since then.

No problems and rock solid

I have had mine on since December 2008.

Did a lot of mileage and one epic since then.

No problems and rock solid

Thanks.. sounds good

You will break your wrists before the bar, I have bever heard of a KCNC bar bending, let alone snapping.

I had one, aparts from the bar ends crimping the ends - it was all good......and helluva light at 114g

Got a riser bar with a manufacturing defect, notches on the outside of the bar near the end of the butted bit. Spotted it, took it back, exchanged by the agents with no questions, and the new ones have been going strong ever since - trail and all mountain riding.

My previous bike had a KCNC SC Bone and it went through 2 Epics and a couple of 1000 k's without any issues - great product, you wont be sorry.  Maybe I should buy a new one (do they come out in red?) Cactus2010-03-05 07:04:37

I am not sure how to see this, but I do not know of any new bikes form the big manufacturers that come standard with KCNC bars, stem or seat post. You see lots of FSA, Ritchey, Thomson, Truvativ etc. KCNC components are super lightweight and affordable. An EASY way to lighten a production bike. What can the reason for this be? Maybe something to do with KCNC longevity?

Ive had mine for a year now and zero issues, lighter than most carbon bars as well ! Did crimp the ends but thats my fault for tightening them too much