Hot feet

Mads

Here is a odd question:  Due to a restricted cashflow I bought myself cleats at on of the big Chain Stores.  It works fine but I find that in hot weather my toes burn like it is on hot coals.  This does not happen when the weather is colder ? then my feet is fine and I have no problems at all.

I am thinking of drilling 2 or 3 holes in the front of the shoe in the hope that I will get more ventilation and by doing this, solve the hot toe problem.  Any comments?

Mads2010-03-06 05:21:57

Might be because your feet swell up slightly in the hot weather and restrict blood flow.

Try loosening your straps slightly when it's hot.

At this stage the straps is so lose that it feels as if the shoe is slipping out of my feet.  I also tried to move the cleat position, but as I said at this stage there is no problem when I ride in cooler weather

Don't confuse the hot feeling with high temperatures. Your feet doesn't physically get hot. Lots of people think pouring ice water on it, drilling holes, building in little fans, riding with sandals etc etc will help. It doesn't. Follow Mountain Lion's advice.