Argus wind prediction

Roer

This windguru thing changes by the minute but just to confirm... If I look at the knots predicted for Cape Town, its still fairly ok. (I'm light so anything above 12 knots is a nightmare for me). Ok, enter Cape Point. Mother!! 24 knots?! Somebody please explain to me, a South Easter at Cape Point, is that good or bad? And for goodness sake, if one more person tells me it can't be worse than last year, I'm going to loose it. I don't care about last year. (You can tell I'm a tad stressed about Sunday...)

You will cycle against the wind all the way to Smits Winkel bay, then it becomes a tail wind, which is great ...?

until its back to head wind when you turn towards Fish Hoek, brief respite heading towards Chappies

But then a head wind going down Chappies to Hout Bay ... can be tricky to control your bike with gusts blasting down the mountain

And then again from the top of Suikerbossie towards Camps Bay, we were getting stopped dead in our tracks last year trying to go down

But all in days work, and you wont be alone lol

Thanks Kosmonooit. That tail wind gives me hope.

Slipstream, heat is not my enemy. I can handle it. Wind on the other hand...

Good luck guys.

South Easter at Cape Point is good  because after Cape Point its a tail wind it's before Cape Point that 30 odd kms that you will be into the wind.

I'm not concerned about the wind as such.

My vigilance is about how severely it affects riders' line, focus, and control of their iron horse.

Winds from Cape Point to Scarborough can be also quite sideways! So, watch your control and relax your arms onto the bars. But stay awake.

smiley5.gif

Guest Big H

All I can say...... IF it is worse than last year you should NOT ride!!!!!!!!

Latest reports coming from the SA Weather Service, www.weathersa.co.za show a 45 km/h SE on Sunday with a high of 27 in Cape Town.

Cape Point will obviously be slightly cooler, but expect a headwind for the 1st bit if the weather guys are right.

If it is anything near last year I will stay in bed and watch the race on TV.

Keep a look-out on the SA weather site....by We/Thu the forecasted update will be VERY precise....

I know because some of the forecasters are cycling themselves and will do their fair best to get the prediction as accuarte as possible.

Forget about Windguru & related sites!!

Guest Big H
It can't be worse than last year Wink

............ it can!!!!!!!

Help.Me. that's quite an impressive site. (I love your quote. Let that be a lesson to me).

Also, thanks Cassie, will do.

I'd say the Southeaster is Unpredictable.. a forcasted 40km/h can bfeel like annything from a breeze to a galeforce.. my precictions Is it might howl tomorrow and the rest of the week and  then by sunday either be *** hot, or cloudy and North west.. Hows that for a confident shot in the dark. Us surfers are always trying to predict the SE, but it has a mind of its own, you gotto feel itWink

I spent y2k in Tromso Norway. I have never been in such an icy wind as was blowing on arrival at the airport. I'd rather face the 09 ACT wind again!