Fatal Oudshoorn accident

capeofstorms

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 Cyclists dead, and some injured.  Frank Nel, Magda van Lill, Jan Eloff and a boy not identified yet.  RIP.

The latest radio news (Cape Talk) said that 4 cyclist were hit; 3 died on the scene; the 4th is in hospital. The driver said that the rising sun blinded him and he did not see them.

A sad day for cycling.

4 Cyclists dead' date=' and some injured.  Frank Nel, Magda van Lill, Jan Eloff and a boy not identified yet.  RIP.[/quote']

Xak1, Did you know them??

The latest radio news (Cape Talk) said that 4 cyclist were hit; 3 died on the scene; the 4th is in hospital. The driver said that the rising sun blinded him and he did not see them.

A sad day for cycling.

and he couldn't see the oncoming traffic as he was overtaking a truck.

4 Cyclists dead' date=' and some injured.  Frank Nel, Magda van Lill, Jan Eloff and a boy not identified yet.  RIP.[/quote']

Xak1, Did you know them??

Yes, not very well, as I ride with a different group.

A sad day for cycling.

Ok so let me get this straight. He couldn't see oncoming traffic, yet decided to overtake another vehicle? What kind of driver is this? Deserved jailtime, LOTS.

A sad day for cycling.

Terrible - condolences to all.

But why was he overtaking if he could not see where he was going?!

Spoke to a Corne Bence - Chairman Southern Cape Cycling- who was on the scene. It happened in front of him. He said the driver disobeyed all traffic rules. He should be charged for murder.Condolences to the families and loved ones of the cyclists that were killed.