What idiot went the wrong way round Sbrand on Sat?

Joe Low

ummm that would be me.........

Came down the first big descent with a tandem that blew their back tyre braking.

Had to go back and get the car to pick them up so back up the hill shouting as i came up to each blind bend.

Geez it was scary and helluva steep. & yes, I did know it was one way and, yes, I'm very sorry.

It is amazing how much more social it is going the other way round - you meet sooooo many people who all have a word and a wave for you, some of them nice.

Otherwise i can spend 3hrs in the place and not see a soul.

So apologies if I put the wind up anyone here on Sat.

Aftr I picked them up I did drive the right way round, so that's something.

Big%20smile

Guest Big H

Ultimate revenge...... Jo Lo stole my name???????

naaah...... die Wielnaaf is net vol stront!!!!!!!

Popping a tyre on a tandem is bad news. We popped the front tyre at 75 km/h once..... hectic!!!!!!!

All cyclists should learn to feather when braking as well as alternating braking in front and back.

PS Jo Lo ....... my PM to you came back because and said your username does not exists!!!!!!!!!
Big H2010-03-08 05:44:19

I saw you guys... I was the guy in the Vodacom kit on the mtb. What happened with that other guy on the mtb that fell ? Did you see his crash ?

On Tuesday there were three idiots going the wrong way around SBR. All three of them were reserve officials and that does not count the 2 officials on horses also ambling around. Nearly hit them as they were on a blind corner. Also nearly hit the game viewing vehicle as it was also on a blind corner.

I dont know what to think of all this.

Ahh sori BigH wasnt me blocking your posts & hiding my identity - as if I would Embarrassed

Yeah well what would Muxman think of that?

He seemed fine as him and Water Bottle were on the scene 2 mins after it had happened. Are they the iron men for having ridden from Alberton & then round the reserve; or the not so iron men as the Germiston Wheelers group had left them trailing?

While they were waiting the tandem folk talked of a guy riding back to them looking for his lost mate who'd come off on the downhill.  When they found him he was lovely shades of red with grit sprinkles.

It's a very dangerous hill, esp if some fool is comin up as ur goin down.

On Tuesday there were three idiots going the wrong way around SBR. All three of them were reserve officials and that does not count the 2 officials on horses also ambling around. Nearly hit them as they were on a blind corner. Also nearly hit the game viewing vehicle as it was also on a blind corner.

I dont know what to think of all this.

Let me help you, think of it as a Nature Reserve not a Bike Park then you will not be surprised to see game viewing vehicles and park officials.

As for the Tandem, riding in Suikerbos with Two Full Carbon Deep Section Wheels that were so deep they were almost full disk wheels is not the best idea. Then throw on some tubbie's and you are even worse off. This is a blow out waiting to happen and it did - lucky the guy and gal escaped a bad fall!!