Lance Armstrong to ride Invitational bunch

Tjommie

Just confirmed on Cape talk now,  Lance Armstrong is starting 06:15am with Invitational bunch

Awsome. How fast do you think he is going to go up Suikerbossie...

Haha. would be cool to see

"confirmed" ? that cant be right, he dont have an Argus seeding !! LoL:)

there is no Invitational bunch! that belonged to the days when the Giro was part of Argus and there bunch was called that. The Invitational group they referring to is the FUNDRAISER's group, with Discovery them and all that.. Premium Payers! and they start late!

shade2010-03-08 10:47:12

then again..maybe he is riding with Daryl Impey in the elite bunch afterall.. maybe for safety sake

Guest colonel
"confirmed" ? that cant be right' date=' he dont have an Argus seeding !! LoL:)

there is no Invitational bunch! that belonged to the days when the Giro was part of Argus and there bunch was called that. The Invitational group they referring to is the FUNDRAISER's group, with Discovery them and all that.. Premium Payers! and they start late!
[/quote']

No its not the Invitational is the Giro finishers

The Invitational Bunch is the Elite Bunch is the first bunch to start. Check out the starting times on the Cycle Tour website...

The Cycle Tour and the Giro are two seperate events. Due to some team members being off in Malaysia for the Tour de Lankhowi, the Cycle Tour organisers are allowing more members to join on Sunday than were taking part in the Giro.

Lance will ride with that bunch on Sunday. Whether he will race or just hide away from the general public is anyone's guess. My lowly opinion is that he won't contest at all but show off his kit to the loving cameras for the world to see.

We at the eNews Channel asked the JAG Foundation to tell us when he was arriving in Cape Town on Monday but was told that they were not allowed to tell us. When I asked why, I was told that Lance's people didn't want any cameras when he arrived.

I think that is a cock-and-bull story as surely he wants as much publicity as he can get? JAG needs the coverage too as a non-profit company.

This is all starting to become a little sour.

J

Thanks Trubie...

I think he is coming in on the KLM flight at 11pm. Not really willing to go to CT International at that time though.

More than likely in his own plane. KLM would not refuel from Amsterdam.

His plane is probably smaller and needs a top-up. A lot like my Argus ride.Smile

More than likely in his own plane. KLM would not refuel from Amsterdam.

His plane is probably smaller and needs a top-up. A lot like my Argus ride.Smile

ok its official now, they have landed.

So LA's passport is full, no space for the stamp, so he can't enter the country officially. Pretty messed up start to his visit