Bad service by Cycle Lab at Sani2C

WGoosen

After many bad experiences related to bike mantenance with this company I am compelled to use this forum to call them to attention. I will focus however on the most recent experience which tipped me over the edge. My teammate and I each bought the service package for the sani2c at a R999 a piece. We were sold the fact that we will get prefered treatment, spares, bike wash, minor service (not sure what it entails and wish to be enlightened) and lube. The reality after we paid was quite the opposite as we waited 6 hours to have bikes washed and got lip after we complained after asking nicely up to then, we had to wat hours for service as walk ins received all the attention - so no prefered treatment. Request for repairs were not atheared to as same problems persisted into day 3. Our number boards we found in a dustbin 20 min before start of day 3. I can go on and on you get the point.  I take my hat of to the mecanics that work themselves to death but the managers should manage their service to what they promissed the clients.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had really bad service from their workshop in Cape Town. I bought my bike there and so took it back on several occasions to get things fixed that were part of the guarantee. The diagnosis is non existent, their ability to adjust gears worse than useless. Every time the bike has been there it has been back at least 3 times to get what they miss adjusted fixed. The last two times I have taken it to another bike shop after Cycle Lab managed to stuff it up to repair what they got wrong. I would not go back, it is that there are items under guarantee that I insist they replace. Their sales and after sales service is good, the workshop I would never use.

With all due respect, I don't understand... Do you guys go to Sani2C to ride a race or to have your bikes serviced?

I don't understand the rationale behind going to an event of this nature without ensuring that your bike is in good working order beforehand

Can't say I have experienced bad service(workshop) from them at the 4 Ways branch.

Would be good to get their side of the story too........

No nancy - you go to the event with your bike in good condition and then you pay the guys from the lab to keep it that way after each stage. Simple really...

Apparently this did not happen.

I agree wth sias if you pay money to have a hassle free experience then thats what you should get.Especially R900 is alot of money and i am sure they could have rather used that money for other things. I hope the relevant cycle labs chaps read this post and take it heart

Can't say I have experienced bad service(workshop) from them at the 4 Ways branch.

Can't say I've set foot inside one since the "cartel" issue!!

This is the reason that no one touches my bike besides me!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the bad service, just an idea, why not buy some tools and learn to do all the work yourself, you will save a ton of money, and it is very rewarding.

It is not that difficult to service a bicycle.

Good Luck!!!

This is the reason that no one touches my bike besides me!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the bad service' date=' just an idea, why not buy some tools and learn to do all the work yourself, you will save a ton of money, and it is very rewarding.

It is not that difficult to service a bicycle.
Good Luck!!!

[/quote']

JD agree with you 100%.  I do exactly the same.Smile

Yes, after a hard day in the saddle, battling the sun/mud/everything else, there's nothing like working on your bike till the middle of the night while everyone else is fast asleep/eating/taking a shower. Then you still have to clean the bike, eat, shower and get some sleep. Repeat for 8 nights (Epic) and I'm sure you'll fork out the cash next time round.

Remember, he's not talking about everyday maintenance - he's talking about a maintenance package bought specifically for the S2C. I did the same on the Epic and it saved me tons of hassles.

I was also at Sani2c, and did all the maintenance on my bike myself, you get coments from guys about backyard mechanics and stuff. At least I know that my bike is good working condition. You cant go to such an event without mechanical knowledge. If you dont have the mech knowhow a service plan is the best bet, because the bikes take a beating in a race like that. Especially on day 2 in that mud for the firts 30-40km. My experiences with Cyckle lab hasn't been gr8 either. I bought myself a small toolkit and built a mechanic stand and do all the minors myself. You pick it up pretty quickly

Can't say I've set foot inside one since the "cartel" issue!!

since they started asking for id's it is a problem getting in yes Del!!

pieter - vat jy daai mechanic stand saam na s2c? Hy moet seker baie lig wees?

call me a spanner monkey, grease ball, backyard split arse mechanic or whatever you like at events

Aint NOOOOOOOO way someone is even coming near my bike. Either i do it or im out the race if its terminal.

Im so perdantic about my bike, it even gets preference over the new car which cost me double the money & plenty more.

At least i know if something is not working 100% i know where to look. I know some people really couldnt be bothered about doing it themselves & you what..... Thats fine!!!. 

If you feel thats what you want to do ie: have a cold one with mates after the race while your bike is being taken care of then thats cool bananas.

Buuuuut what would grind me. Pay a hell of a lot of money for the treatment you should expect & you get 2nd hand service - Shocking to say the least & shame on them.

Sias I have to agree with you . When I go over the finish line washing and servicing the bike is not on the to-do-list . At this years S2C keeping your bike 100% running order would not have been possible unless you/or somebody you paid did some maintenance on it every evening .

At this years S2C keeping your bike 100% running order would not have been possible unless you/or somebody you paid did some maintenance on it every evening .

Not true. Two of my friends did the Sani. After each stage they spend a few minutes cleaning and checking their bikes, and they didnt have a single technical.