Oakpics and Actionphoto

dee_biker

We had the Argus Mountain Bike challenge this last weekend and the Actionphoto crew was there to take pictures.

That same evening they had the images loaded on their website and tagged and everything ready to be ordered.

GREAT service guys!!! Clap

On the other hand we have Oakpics, which took the pictures LAST month at the DueSouth Xterra (3 weeks ago), and still don't have one single picture of the event loaded on their site.

Shocked

That can't be due to numbers, cause surely there were more Argus MTB photos taken than at the Xterra.

Anyway, just wanted to "rant" my frustration.

dee have you got the link i seem to have trouble trying to locate the pics please

I like Oakpics, they might be a bit slow loading pics but they have a real passion for what they are doing out on the routes. 

Im also frustrated, Ive met both Fanus and Hannes, and Like marius said They do have a passion for what they do as well as take much better pictures then Action photo, However. I have almost forgotten about the xterra by now. They are definately losing out on major sales. I have sent them pics of me and my race number to help them Identify me. But its just getting more and more backlogged as they do events every weekend..

I dont know If action photo has a bunch of people that come and help them on a monday or software that does it.

Personally Im also gatvol of waiting.

actionography.co.za takes the best photos, just putting it out there...they're like the paparazzi for fun riders always hiding in a tree or  submerged in a river waiting to take a photo of you're surprised face Smile

Oakpics take fantastic photos. Much better than anybody else out there, but their admin and turnaround time for getting the pics up and orders out are pathetic.

I have mentioned this to Hannes and he admits they have problems... hope they do something about it soon.

I much prefer the quality of Oakpics photography. They really take some amazing shots. This years 24 hours of Wiesenhof was particularly impressive. Their service on the other hand... they must lose out on so much business.

Actionphoto is pretty slick in terms of service and their website/online ordering system, but the photo quality is a bit iffy. And, their digital images are way more expensive than Oakpics!

still no eterra photos.... its been 3 weeks... surely there is a better way forward? Im sure 1:10 people will not check back after a week.

I dont know If action photo has a bunch of people that come and help them on a monday or software that does it.

Actually both, Action Photo and My Picture have been in the game a while. After merging they have the best of both worlds now with systems and staff. They match and outdo just about any overseas outfit.

Many events they have staff sorting and uploading on the day already.

Photo wise it's a compromise of sorts as you have to 95% guarantee each person a shot as much as possible, which leaves little leeway for getting 'creative'