Suntour Mag 32 Shock - Help!

Mojoman

Anybody else got one of these? If so how is yours holding up? Bought a 2009 GT 1.0 last Saturday, have done around 300km on dirt roads (normal car dirt roads, not single track rough stuff) and now the fork is creaking and making a funny noise when going over bumps.

Took the bike back to the shop (and I think the owner is unhappy to see me after bringing back the saddle that was falling apart yesterday, and taking the bike back as the brakes were dragging!!). Owner checked 3 different year GT's (probably to make sure I was not talking nonsense) and then said he has to send it in to be repaired, not sure how long that is going to take now! 

The sad thing is there is a 2010 model GT 1.0 with same specs and a rock shock fork for R200 more that I paid for the 2009 model! Sod's law in action again!

Noted. If the fork is sent into us at Dragons Sports (we are the agents for SR-Suntour forks) it will be sorted out as soon as possible. The total time you might be without the fork depends on how long it takes to get to us. We try to be pretty quick. Can't tell whats wrong right now untill we see he fork

Thanks for the reply. I left the bike at the shop in Rustenburg, they said they would strip and dispatch this afternoon, but I was told it was going to Joburg?

Got my bike backTongue, I have another Suntour Mag 32 shock, but this one has a valve on the left hand side, the right hand side has the lockout dial and on the bottom of the right hand tube is a screw labelled rebound adjustment. What pressure should the shock be and what does that rebound adjustment really do? I did not get any instructions or anything with it.

Off back to the shop, they have not pumped the shock!Angry I did not even know it was an air shock till I got home last night! Another 120km round trip for me......

Off back to the shop' date=' they have not pumped the shock!Angry I did not even know it was an air shock till I got home last night! Another 120km round trip for me......[/quote']

Dude that shop you are using sounds terrible, give them a blast. By he way I have the suntour Air shock on my bike done plenty of Km's training and raced Sabie with it, so far it's been awesome really enjoying it. I weigh 89kg and run the shock at 1.1 bar which is slightly below the recommended air pressure, Works for me though.

Well, I am back from that shop, R260 light after buying a fork pump. I was told that for my weight (around 108kg) I should have the shock at 110 psi?

I would not be going back to that shop if it were not for the fact I bought the bike new there 2 weeks ago so I suppose I have to deal with it until the niggly bits are ironed out, however the girlfriend will be getting a bike soon, wont be bought there! All the spares I need will be from CRC as well. This supporting your LBS is a waste of time! So far this week I have driven to and from Rustenburg 4 times, thats almost 500km of wasted time and money! There, my bitchin is over, time to go cycle!!!

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a service manual for this or should I just do what the LBS's do and 'wing it'??!!

Service manuals are available on Suntour website. They look easy to service yourself. Pressure on my suntour epicon varies between 45 to 60 psi depending on terrain. I weigh 83 kg.

Specs are on website also. method and specs to set your sag is in manual too.