1000 ways to piss me off on Argus day!

BBJSportGuy

I was out riding today and thought of some things that will get me a little hot under the collar on Sunday. Here are a few and I hope you will add to them...

1: Any mention of how strong the wind was last year.

2: Some a**hole telling me to hold my line!

3: Someone pushing in at the front of the bunch before the start instead of joining like the rest of us.

4: Litter louts. You are not a rider in Le Tour, people don't want your rubbish.

5: Someone with a hosepipe spraying "cooling" water on my clean glasses and spotless bike.

6: Faster bunches passing me with less than a metre between us. WE HAVE A WHOLE ROAD!

7: Bonking with 10km to go.

8: Not seeing the views for the black tyres.
BBJSportGuy2010-03-09 15:48:03

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out riding today and thought of some things that will get me a little hot under the collar on Sunday. Here are a few and I hope you will add to them...

But the wind was strong last year!LOL Really, I mos was there!

?

?

But the wind was strong last year!?Really' date=' I mos was there![/quote']

LOL!

Some a**hole telling me to hold my line!

As long as you aren't wobbling around like a drunken hippo on an ice floe, feel free to use my retort to this one:

"Where I ride my bike, that *is* my line. Don't overlap your front wheel with my rear wheel and we'll all be fine."

Your 1000 ways should also include:

* The fcukwit who sits in the middle of the bunch and calls for the pace to be lifted. You want to go faster? Go to the front and show us all how it's done.

LOL but did you SEE that wind :)

luckily i've never been fast enough to not enjoy the view at misty cliffs. even with last years bad weather, and trying to not crash the tandem, that views were still amazing ... that, and the climb up chappies - wow!

3: Someone pushing in at the front of the bunch before the start instead of joining like the rest of us.

LOL these guys always seem so full of confidence when the push past, until they get dropped on the first little hill, they realize that we knew it was all arrogance!

and are they trying to increase their position from 23568 to 23472?

It is guaranteed, all the above and maybe more will happen to you on Sunday. In order for you to enjoy the race, prepare for the worst and be grateful if it does not happen. We are privileged to be able to be part of the world?s biggest timed cycle race. There are at least four people that will not be able to make it. And you do not want to switch places with them. smiley19.gif

Wait, I just thought of another one...

10: Cyclists who take themselves WAY too seriously, so much so that they don't see a joke when it bites them on the nose.

You guys who replied negatively really need to chill.

Wait' date=' I just thought of another one...

10: Cyclists who take themselves WAY too seriously, so much so that they don't see a joke when it bites them on the nose.

You guys who replied negatively really need to chill.[/quote']

I agree with you on this one but you have to admit that the wind last year was bad??.

Chill bud the Argus is what you make of it.

I am totally chill. I am thinking that one or two of those top 8 hit home a little close for some. It was a light hearted attempt to get a fun discussion going, but seems that cyclist don't have a sense of humour. Sad really. Maybe I should hit the MTB forums to find someone who knows how to laugh.

Some more, maybe this time, people will actually add some more!

11: Cyclists that fail to greet.

12: Riding too fast that I miss the Powerade girls.

13: Being told at the end of the ride that there was a topless woman flashing.

14: Not spending enough time with that little cutey around the 50km mark.

15: Deciding not to start because the wind is blwoing too hard.

C'mon guys, what else you got?

Wait' date=' I just thought of another one...

You guys who replied negatively really need to chill.[/quote']

But this is a negative post.

How about 1000 things to be grateful for on Argus Day

1. You alive.

Some a**hole telling me to hold my line!
"Where I ride my bike' date=' that *is* my line. Don't overlap your front wheel with my rear wheel and we'll all be fine."

Your 1000 ways should also include:
* The fcukwit who sits in the middle of the bunch and calls for the pace to be lifted. You want to go faster? Go to the front and show us all how it's done.[/quote']

Unfortunately I think we must be related BM - our pet hates and responses are identical. I quite like "I am holding my line, it's just that you don't know where it goes".

Ummm, your maths is a little out! Wink

Luckily I don't think it is possible to push in at the front at the Argus like normal races.

One thing that irritates me riders who take unnecesary risks. I have seen it in the races in February. Some riders overlap wheels so far that their handlebars are almost touch the legs of the two riders on either side.