DealExtreme

ridr

Ordered on 18 Feb, Arrived 2 March.

4x magicshine bike lights (handlebar light, 3 settings, helmet mount, charger)

2x spare batteries

extra cables (extensions + y-cables)

Total incl VAT: R3500

Clap

Go for it!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You lucky.

order #1 ordered 18\08\2009...........Did not recieve, Still waiting for the replacement....

order #2 ordered 14\10\2009...........Did not recieve, Still waiting for the replacement....

order #3 ordered 13\01\2010...........Still waiting

Also have a Magicshine light, awesome value for money. Just ordered another 2 earlier this week. Hopefully they arrive before the 1st of May.

Well thats great news, I ordered  a bunch of stuff from them 18 months ago, they split the already small parcel up into 4 smaller packets as the things indicated "in stock" ended up not being. so what happened was I received these 4 packets over 3-4 months, By then I couldnt even remember what I had gotten and what not, I had to go clear 2 of the 4 little packets aswell as pay some additional clearence. 2 weeks ago I received a letter from them ( snailmail style) which stated that some of the glow in the dark O rings I ordered never came into stock again and  that I now have 8$ credit..

My experiance was not so great, but Im actually in the exact same boat as far as the lights go, I want 3 magicshines, but Im to afraid to order from them again. Ive seen a vendor on Ebay, that sells them for only 5$ more than deal extreme. Was thinking of going there.

So that works out to +-R870 a light right?

Does this include shipping ect?

Shipping is free from them for basically anything.  Ordered my Magic shine and receiced without any hassles.  Think it worked out to abt R870.  Took abt 2 weeks from start to finish.

I order a lot from them, the trick is to sometimes split your big order in smaller ones. The Magicshine light are $80 (about R640) Spare batteries $30 (240)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29489

I even got them to remove the tracking number for me, the thing is if there are no tracking number you dont pay any customs or vat. At some point i had orders lost, all with tracking numbers, so far not one lost that didnt have a tracking number.

Sounds like I got lucky with my delivery! Glad to hear someone else also had a positive experience.

Worked out to about R720 per light. The extra was for spare batteries and cables.

Here's a copy of the part numbers to order for anyone else that is interested.

Shipment #<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

SKU

Product or Service Name

Quantity

Price

Shipping

Drop Shipment and Gift Service (Removes DX logo from package)

x 1 Shipped

$0.01

-

HA-III Cree SSC P7-C (SXO) 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Headlamp Set (4*18650 included)

x 4 Shipped

$80.75

-

5.4mm Male to Female Extension Cable for SKU 29489/30864 (100cm)

x 2 Shipped

$3.25

-

5.4mm Male to Dual Female Adapter Y-Cable for SKU 29489/30864 (100cm)

x 2 Shipped

$3.53

-

5.4mm Male to Dual Female Adapter Y-Cable for SKU 29489/30864 (25cm)

x 2 Shipped

$3.13

-

4400mAh External Battery Pack with Pouch for SKU 29489/30864 (4*18650)

x 2 Shipped

$29.94

-

How are u gonna fit all 4 on your bike.Smile

They're so I can have a disco at home Wink The strobe function is BRIGHT!

2 for me, 2 for a happy friend.

I order a lot from them' date=' the trick is to sometimes split your big order in smaller ones. The Magicshine light are $80 (about R640) Spare batteries $30 (240)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29489
I even got them to remove the tracking number for me, the thing is if there are no tracking number you dont pay any customs or vat. At some point i had orders lost, all with tracking numbers, so far not one lost that didnt have a tracking number.
[/quote']

I had to fax the airport post-office a proof-of-purchase (actually, just took it with me when I went to collect the lights).

Probably could have just told them it was a gift, or adjusted the price on the invoice before printing it, but wasn't really necessary. Still a good price with VAT.

My experiance was not so great' date=' but Im actually in the exact same boat as far as the lights go, I want 3 magicshines, but Im to afraid to order from them again. Ive seen a vendor on Ebay, that sells them for only 5$ more than deal extreme. Was thinking of going there.
[/quote']

What's the ebay link incase anyone wants to check it out?

They had problems at one point, but that was the fault of Hong Kong Post Office. For the past few months no problems.

They had problems at one point' date=' but that was the fault of Hong Kong Post Office. For the past few months no problems. [/quote']

Big%20smile

well thats good to know.. Maybe we should pu in a bit of a bulk order?

My experiance was not so great' date=' but Im actually in the exact same boat as far as the lights go, I want 3 magicshines, but Im to afraid to order from them again. Ive seen a vendor on Ebay, that sells them for only 5$ more than deal extreme. Was thinking of going there.
[/quote']

What's the ebay link incase anyone wants to check it out?

you thinking of getting one? Ive never had hassles on e-bay