Part of our problem....

driewiel

This one was good:

"Adri 3/10/2010 8:21:17 AM

Dankie Anton! Ek het al begin dink ek is simpel en alleen omdat ek dit ook soos jy ervaar. Ek kan nie verstaan waarom die fietsryers nie op bane kan gaan oefen soos alle ander sportsoorte nie. Ry liewer al om 'n voetbalveld waar niemand jou sal trap en jy vir niemand 'n irritasie is nie!"

Guys, next years Argus is 109km in the velodrome!

Other quotes: BigD - Ry hom hier, ry hom daar, ry die fietsryers deurmekaar. @Fietsryer: As jy in die pad gaan kom of voor my in ry, gaan ek jou in 'n rolstoel sit....Ek sal nie eers sleg voel as ek een van die arrogante fietsryers raak ry nie. Ek ry ook fiets met die verstand dat ek nie 'n kar se weg sal "chalenge" nie. As 'n fiets ryer my chalenge ry ek hom raak, end van die prent. Lekker ry!!!!

We have a serious problem!

This one was good:

Guys' date=' next years Argus is 109km in the velodrome!

[/quote']

LOLClap

Clap

Personally I will also ride over a cyclist if he/she rodes like a idiot. As a cyclist and commuter I know how to cycle in traffic expect other cyclist to know this aswell.

Personally I will also ride over a cyclist if he/she rodes like a idiot. As a cyclist and commuter I know how to cycle in traffic expect other cyclist to know this aswell.

I will not ride over anyone on purpose - thats just wrong!

Big words... I dont think you will.

I'd also can like to ride over stupid cyclists but don't think I would, might just give them a scare!:-P 

The same goes for the other guy. No one will do it on purpose. But some pretend to do it and then the joke goes wrong and the cyclist get run over.

The same goes for the other guy. No one will do it on purpose. But some pretend to do it and then the joke goes wrong and the cyclist get run over.

Come on, have the balls to either stand by what you said or apologise for making a fknut comment!

But don't try and talk around it! Your original statement is as clear as day.

To state that you'd run a person down because they "ride like an idiot" is in itself an idiotic thing. 

By the token....Would you run a runner, pedestrian, motorcyclist or scooter down as well? Or ram another car?

Talk about an underdeveloped mentality!

Some of those comments on the Beeld article sure made my blood boil! But no use getting worked up over it.

It just amazed at how "angry" some people can be all the time.

I decided to join a club because it became to dangerous for me to cycle alone!

Had been PUSHED of the road two times by a bus, had to go over the curbside(with my road bike) onto the gravel to avoid an accident, the bus passed so closely its left side wheels went over the curbside of the road as it passed!

Had almost got smashed into at a 3 way intersection while waiting for the light to go green, again a bus, went way over the line! If I didn't decide at that moment that I did to move! Eish! don't even want to think about it!

A part of my route had a designated cycling lane, even on that stretch cars would come into my lane and barely mis me!

And all this happened between 5am and 6am during the past 3-4 months of me cycling, at 6am I would be turning into our driveway.

Now I wake up 4:15am to cycle 7km alone to the club,meet with them @5am, and then continue with the club for a 38km ride, Much better!!! Much Safer !!!

We definitely have a massive problem on our hands.

There are a LOT of people out there, driving their weapons capable of bodily harm and they are becoming less and less afraid of using them smiley18.gif

The general public seems to be of the opinion that cyclists have no place on the road. (I used the word place and not right, because it's really a privilege isn't it.)

Also what got me thinking is... I don't know the legal rights of bicycles on the road... I just ride in a manner that keeps me as far out of the way of other traffic as possible...

So I asked Google. and Google gave me this:

105.   Riding on pedal cycles.?(1) No person shall ride a pedal

cycle on a public road unless he is seated astride on the saddle

of such pedal cycle.

(2) Persons riding pedal cycles on a public road shall ride in

single file except in the course of overtaking another pedal

cycle, and two or more persons riding pedal cycles shall not

overtake another vehicle at the same time.

(3) No person riding or seated on a pedal cycle on a public road

shall take hold of any other vehicle in motion.

(4) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall

deliberately cause such pedal cycle to swerve from side to side.

(5) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall carry

thereon any person, animal or object which obstructs his view

or which prevents him from exercising complete control over

the movements of such pedal cycle.

(6) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall do so

with at least one hand on the handle-bars of such pedal cycle.

(7) Whenever a portion of a public road has been set aside for

use by persons riding pedal cycles, no person shall ride a pedal

cycle on any other portion of such road.

(8) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road or a portion

of a public road set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles,

shall do so in such manner that all the wheels of such pedal

cycle are in contact with the surface of the road at all times.

Since there is legislation about "pedal cycles" in the Road Traffic Act, it's safe to assume that cyclists actually do have a place on public roads. all be it, a very unsafe one.

What sort of activity in other forums and letters to newspapers etc about the 2 clowns that killed those kids while drag racing yesterday?

I can help noticing how much more attention that is getting (on TV) than then 3 Oudshoorn cyclists.

We definitely have a massive problem on our hands.
There are a LOT of people out there' date=' driving their weapons capable of bodily harm and they are becoming less and less afraid of using them smiley18.gif

The general public seems to be of the opinion that cyclists have no place on the road. (I used the word place and not right, because it's really a privilege isn't it.)
Also what got me thinking is... I don't know the legal rights of bicycles on the road... I just ride in a manner that keeps me as far out of the way of other traffic as possible...

So I asked Google. and Google gave me this:

105.   Riding on pedal cycles.?(1) No person shall ride a pedal
cycle on a public road unless he is seated astride on the saddle
of such pedal cycle.

(2) Persons riding pedal cycles on a public road shall ride in
single file except in the course of overtaking another pedal
cycle, and two or more persons riding pedal cycles shall not
overtake another vehicle at the same time.

(3) No person riding or seated on a pedal cycle on a public road
shall take hold of any other vehicle in motion.

(4) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall
deliberately cause such pedal cycle to swerve from side to side.

(5) No person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall carry
thereon any person, animal or object which obstructs his view
or which prevents him from exercising complete control over
the movements of such pedal cycle.

(6) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road shall do so
with at least one hand on the handle-bars of such pedal cycle.

(7) Whenever a portion of a public road has been set aside for
use by persons riding pedal cycles, no person shall ride a pedal
cycle on any other portion of such road.

(8) A person riding a pedal cycle on a public road or a portion
of a public road set aside for use by persons riding pedal cycles,
shall do so in such manner that all the wheels of such pedal
cycle are in contact with the surface of the road at all times.

Since there is legislation about "pedal cycles" in the Road Traffic Act, it's safe to assume that cyclists actually do have a place on public roads. all be it, a very unsafe one. [/quote']

Our two-abreast has been solved. The group is working and to do your turn on the front you are overtaking the "pedal cycle" that is going to the back of the group. There, ride two abreast! You are well within the bounds of the law! Single file argue is squashed and everyone takes a turn on the front!