Bafana Bafana at the Cape Epic

Dukeblue

Howzit guys,

10 days to go to the Epic, and 90 days to the World Cup. It feels like there is more hype generated with that one Absa ad on the radio than with a number of forgettable World Cup ones.

Anyway, lets try to support the World Cup during the Epic. I know this is a little late, but the Epic broadcast goes out to something like a 100+ countries.

Here is my suggestion: Wear a Bafana Bafana Adidas jersey for the time trial. My partner and I just picked up a set, and they are going to be perfect for 27km of riding.

Imagine a scene with lots of riders all riding with that nice yellow jersey. I am not a soccer fan, but I am a South Africa fan and I think we should all start to get a little more excited!

uuuuuuummmmmmm no thanks........

Id rather support the epic thank you very much. Good luck to you & your partner on the Epic.

Hope you guys have a good one

Well, that's why its nice to be able to make your own decisions - didn't know that the two are mutually exclusive though.  

Thanks for the well wishes, hope it isn't that much harder than last year, although it seems like everyone is expecting it to be.

Although I am looking forward to the SWC, I can;t wait for all the ads and promo's to be finished on TV, radio etc etc!!

What a fantastic idea... Thumbs%20Up

all of the epic riders get to live out their deepest fantasy... to be a yellow jersey wearer!!!!

no seriously love the idea... but i'm not doing epic. so i'll just support football friday Wink

Brilliant idea - I'm going to suggest it to the team management.......considering I'm riding with Mr Fish.......

Cactus,

from what I remember from last year his shoes may be more important than his jersey :-)

I see there is a very nice green one available as well, for the guys that feel South Africa has to be in the green and gold. In fact, a cricket jersey will work as well. And anyone crazy enough to ride with an original heavy rugby jersey, I salute you.