Lance = ?????

Gobbo

Just heard from a friend who was at the Lance dinner

the He would not let a 16 year old cyclist have a photo

with him , I mean come on here is a lightie who has gone

to meet his hero and cant even have a photo with him !!

It was quite simple ...If you dont pay you dont get !

What a Prick !!!

Lance is right ...Its not about the bike !!! Its about CASH !

AngryAngryAngry

Have a heart ......oh i forgot lance is not human

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting, but please remember that these are charity fundraising events....so yes, CASH is the main aim...

Must agree with Saffa G

Yes its not right but in a way, yes it is right, the lighty didnt pay so why should he be allowed to??

the latest thing I heard is that celebs now want to copyright their faces so that tabloids can not print any photos without permission. I wonder when LA will copyright his name.

Celebs are all the same - Even when it comes to passport control, they believe they don't have to adhere to the requirements.

Guest coenie

And this is also hearsay....we do not know the WHOLE story

Yet yesterday he didn't have a problem when random people took photos of him whilst out on his ride. Funny how people just change from one day to the next...

But it must be because he hates kids! That's also the reason why he spent his entire morning yesterday at a local primary school...

Celebs are all the same - Even when it comes to passport control' date=' they believe they don't have to adhere to the requirements. [/quote']

Lance has accepted it, did not ask for special treatment and the fault lay with deprature customs as it was their duty to ensure there was enough passport space to enter the arrival country.

I agree with the above comments, there is always the person (and there are many of them) who might try and sell that photo to make a quick buck (just look at the comments from the hubber yesterday who didn't want to post his video of Lance on Chappies because he hoped the press would use it). I'm not saying this is wrong, but I can understand Lance being hesitant about ppl taking photo's of him... Just look at how much a personal appearance by him can generate for charity to get an idea of what pics and videos might be worth in the right situation. I wouldn't be surprised if Lance gave a different response if that 16 year old offered to donate R100 to someone in need in return for the photo (give and take!).

There is a time and place for everything. If it was at a fundraising dinner then that is probably not the place. Can you imagine if everyone at the dinner wanted to have their picture with LA? They would probably still be taking pictures now.

2 sides to every story...

On the surface it sounds bad, but I doubt Lance/JAG/Livestrong would risk such negative publicity.

Theres another side I can assure you... 

Celebs are all the same - Even when it comes to passport control' date=' they believe they don't have to adhere to the requirements. [/quote']

Lance has accepted it, did not ask for special treatment and the fault lay with deprature customs as it was their duty to ensure there was enough space to enter the arrival country.

The fault should lay with his team of PA's. They should see when his passport is getting full and apply for a new one before it does get full.

i tried to get my pic with Tiger when he was at the million dollar years back... i got pushed away!!! but its not his fault, he cant stop and satisfiy every fan... its impossible.....

And about "passport control" these guys go through airports just about every week of there life,,, they should get streamlined through.. i think they even get a special passport??

If it's a fundraiser, I reckon it's a tough call, but I reckon you are expected to pay and if you don't he can't make exceptions because you're young/a keen cyclist/a moffie/[fill in here]/...

I agree with Gobbo.  How does letting a youngster having a photo with their hero affect the charity event?  This is not a money issue, it is arrogance. It was a wonderful opportunity to show the 'human side,' of Lance. Regrettably while not knowing all the circumstances around this

it would seem Lance has  'missed a gear.'Confused 

No matter who you are, celeb or not, you can't please everybody all of the time.

Imagine if there were 50 x 16 year old and he had to stand there for another hour or two.

Us normal folks have no idea what it's like to be a celeb, they can't even go to the toilet in peace. And there are always people judging there every action. I think most us would probably have a bit of a freak out.