Racing Ralphs or Rocket Rons

jaguar

Has anyone here ridden on both sets?

Im looking to get a set of either one or the other. Will be used for training and racing!

Would like to hear all your thoughs.......?

Thanks

According to some German research ...

Racing Ralp Evo 2.25 vs Rocket Ron 2.25:

Rocket Ron is slightly better at: Traction,

Racling Ralph is slightly better at: Thorn Resistance, Flattening Height, Rolling Resitance

I have a set of Rocket Rons , i used them at Sabie two weeks back( im a farley agressive single track rider and found these to be super ) and last weekend at the Harmony gold race , the are super light and have great traction. One big down side that i have is that you will strugle to get them to go tubeless, the side walls are way to thin and i cant get mine to seal so went back to tubes for these two past races. That said they are great only done 150km and know for sale , pureley because i cant get them to seal.

If you only going to use tubes then go for them , i dont think you will find lighter tyres.

I have a set of Rocket Rons ' date=' i used them at Sabie two weeks back( im a farley agressive single track rider and found these to be super ) and last weekend at the Harmony gold race , the are super light and have great traction. One big down side that i have is that you will strugle to get them to go tubeless, the side walls are way to thin and i cant get mine to seal so went back to tubes for these two past races. That said they are great only done 150km and know for sale , pureley because i cant get them to seal.

If you only going to use tubes then go for them , i dont think you will find lighter tyres.
[/quote']

I have the rockets too and I got them to go tubeless the trick is to use a mixture of a thin sealent and a thivk sealent, I used stans and dr sludge mix then use a compressor to inflate shale the rim and place it on a bucket and let it sit for a minute then repeat until it seals nicely, do it once and it is done for good

LukeP, thanks for the tip , but after trying many ways and sealants i have giving up , going conti Race kings with no problems.

Use Racing Ralphs - we have been using it for a year now - the tubeless version seals easy and is very light; Great fast tyre