Lance vs Burry Stander and Kevin Evans..

Larry King

Who would have ever thought that Lance Armstrong would duel it out at the Argus Cycle tour with our two top mountain bikers.... lol!!!! Go boys!!!! Ps, where are the roadies in the Giro this year?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been a final decision on what group he is riding in? Last I heard they were still debating it earlier this week...

Said on the news tonight that hes racing to win, sooooo it would seem that he is in the Giro, lets hope.

According to Phil Ligget on Cape Talk this afternoon he is racing and starting at 06:15am.  

Wow, that is absolutely awesome... wish I was riding at that level! Even if it is just to see his back wheel at the start line... Whether you like him or not, he is an incredible cyclist.

according to my friend that attended the breakfast it looks like he will play domestique for daryl(as daryl can sprint) and try and break the race up a bit. so if only 10 riders get to sprint it could be between impey and burry in a dash. ..but the langkawi SA national team is back, so venter, van heerden, rabie could also be in the mix..and well rested

Wow, this is what we have been waiting for.

I need to tape the whole thing so that I can watch it when I get home.

Does anyone have a TV card on their PC so that they can record it onto there?

We will be able to cut snippets out then as well.

smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

Guest coenie

I do not think it is cool that the Giro guys and Lance and Impey race against each other....

Don't you think to make it fair they should have the Giro group go and then the rest of the racers.....

Then we can have a Giro winner of the last stage and a Argus winner.

The Argus Winner will be decided on time?

It can not be fair to have the Giro guys with 600+ KM in their legs race against FRESH legs??

This is going to be interesting. Wonder if Kevin and Burry are going to force the break and make them work for it.

I do not think it is cool that the Giro guys and Lance and Impey race against each other....Don't you think to make it fair they should have the Giro group go and then the rest of the racers.....Then we can have a Giro winner of the last stage and a Argus winner.The Argus Winner will be decided on time?It can not be fair to have the Giro guys with 600+ KM in their legs race against FRESH legs??

If I was racing in the Giro and you gave me a choice of racing the Argus with just the Giro boys or racing against Lance Armstrong, that I would choose the later. I doubt anyone in the Giro would answer any differently.

a Sprinter will win the Argus, I've not seen any sprinter names being mentioned so it's a stupid thread.

You know what the coolest thing is? The fact that this weekend is as HUGE as it is. Its the Cape Argus, ridden by Lance Armstrong...and the whole country knows it. Thats immense in my books...

Everyone (cyclist or not) knows Lance is in the country riding OUR race.

Thats HUGE exposure.

ChrisH, I agree...given the chance everyone wants to race Armstrong!

If RH was here he'd kick Lance's @$$ again like he did last week, any one of our SA Pro Sprinters will make mince meat out of Lance. Lance should have done the Giro, he's a good tactician and could have possibly won it, maybe??

It's Lance vs Lance. He could solo the ride under 2 H 20.   Diffrent league.

IT'S Bentley VS Toyota. I dont't think he will give he's best. IT WOULD BE NUTS  seeing the pack trying to chase him down and the gap keeps on getting bigger !