Think Bike campaign

Ricycle

Hey guys, couldn't help but notice your VERY visible presence on some of the bridges over the N1 North this morning, well done, I'm sure some of the people who never quite understood the Think Bike slogan may now have a better understanding after it was pointed out on the posters, eg - Think Bike... before turning.

PS I still have no idea where I can get a sticker for my car!?

We had a whole morning of it all over, north south east and west, my banner over the R59 even had a bicycle on it Thumbs%20Up

pity no cyclists came to join us though, maybe next time. you guys are used to getting up early.

Saw a whole bunch of bikers on the Cristiaan de Wet bridge over Hendrik Potgieter this morning - and I was on my GS - good initiative - well done guys!!!

Why do motorist have to think for motorcyclists?

I don't see why i should give special attention to a motorcyclist who is weaving through traffic believing that the cars will look out for him.

I hate moving out the way for bikes in the traffic because they very rarely thank you and only 1 in 10 has a number plate! Why do they get away with it? I think it's BULL Sh*T!

Obviously i wouldn't try to hit them and i am very aware of what is going on in the traffic but if they shoot down the center lanes like they do every morning, then they are going to be knocked over.

Bikers must THINK CAR or be knocked over!!!

We had a whole morning of it all over' date=' north south east and west, my banner over the R59 even had a bicycle on it Thumbs%20Up

pity no cyclists came to join us though, maybe next time. you guys are used to getting up early.

[/quote']

I saw you guys. When I drove past there 3 of you on the bridge waving.

In future let the cyclists know and maybe a few of us will join you guys.

Well done guys. It's good to see okes getting off their arses and doing something positive!

As for lane splitting - some guys do it well and others not. I generally make sure that I am only doing about 10kph faster than the cars - a 10k crash will probably not kill me? Big%20smile

I would guess that its the "right turn into path" that is one of the most lethal for us on bikes. Also a sudden lane change at high speed (anything over 60) that is going to be a problem. U turns are also quite interesting...

Most of the bike commuters I see have number plates.

I don't see why i should give special attention to a motorcyclist who is weaving through traffic believing that the cars will look out for him.

I hate moving out the way for bikes in the traffic because they very rarely thank you and only 1 in 10 has a number plate! Why do they get away with it? I think it's BULL Sh*T!

Obviously i wouldn't try to hit them and i am very aware of what is going on in the traffic but if they shoot down the center lanes like they do every morning' date=' then they are going to be knocked over.

[/quote']

going to mcdonalds for a salad is like going to the brothel for a hug....

If you need a hug, the hub is also proberly not the best place to find one.......

if you dont support the game, dont comment on it...

Obviously i wouldn't try to hit them and i am very aware of what is going on in the traffic but if they shoot down the center lanes like they do every morning' date=' then they are going to be knocked over.

[/quote']

You are so full of sh*t , you just don't get it do you. Think Bike is about road safety for all. It just took a bunch of hairy arsed bikers to have the balls to make it happen. But then again, the bigots of the world see nothing but themselves.

Why do motorist have to think for motorcyclists?I don't see why i should give special attention to a motorcyclist who is weaving through traffic believing that the cars will look out for him.I hate moving out the way for bikes in the traffic because they very rarely thank you and only 1 in 10 has a number plate! Why do they get away with it? I think it's BULL Sh*T!Obviously i wouldn't try to hit them and i am very aware of what is going on in the traffic but if they shoot down the center lanes like they do every morning' date=' then they are going to be knocked over.Bikers must THINK CAR or be knocked over!!!

[/quote']

And the brilliance on the Hub also increases with every day ! Because of people with your attitude that these problems are here . And while you think you are God on the road , better watch for my 18 wheelers because they may have the same sh*tty attitude !

We had a whole morning of it all over' date=' north south east and west, my banner over the R59 even had a bicycle on it Thumbs%20Up

[/quote']

I saw you guys. When I drove past there 3 of you on the bridge waving.

In future let the cyclists know and maybe a few of us will join you guys.

Will do, we plan another one for April. Would be really cool to have you join us. Thanks for the offer.

going to mcdonalds for a salad is like going to the brothel for a hug....

WHAT?

Motorcyclists/cyclist need to be more careful and to avoid accidents A bumper bashing in a car could result in death for a motorcyclist.

Only rarely do you find cyclist riding in a single-file and until they do, they will be knocked over. Sad but true!

The first step towards safer roads lies in your hands.

Motorbikes

- Don't ride between the traffic unless you KNOW it will be safe.

- If you intend to stick to the rules of the road, why not have a number plate?

-Stick to speed limits

-Don't weave between traffic.

-Look left, look right and look left again!!! (this one's from std1)

Bicycles

- Ride in single file.

- Don't ride thought red robots

- Check before go straight across an entrance cars might be turning left into

- Wear reflective gear if you will be riding in the dark.

These are things that will keep you alive and these are the things that i never see anyone doing.

Its simple really!

OR

Just ride a mountain bike! It's more fun anyway!Big%20smile

These are things that will keep you alive and these are the things that i never see anyone doing.

Bigots never see anything but their own perspective, they are blind to everything else

Bigots never see anything but their own perspective' date=' they are blind to everything else

[/quote']

WOW, name calling, Nice tactic!

Are you a representative of Think Bike? Personally I'm not sure your public relations skills are all that great.

Maybe my first post was a bit harsh and i do think you guys do good work but the onus is on bikers to make the change.  I pay great attention and look out for bikers. More than that i can't do.