Cyclist hit - Hermanus

crashtestdummy

It seems that two cyclists were hit by a car near Hermanus this morning, the grapevine has it that one is serious and that the driver was under the influence.

Where is this going to end !?

Its very sad. I got knocked yesterday luckily at low speed and repairs will be done it time for argus. I heard on KFM that the driver was under the influence of alcohol

Both guys are from JHB, one with a broken arm and the other on his way to CT by chopper. Doesn't sound good. The cycling community feels strongly that this is not going to be a R500 bail case Angry

Sorry to hear' date=' but the hitting of cyclists will never end.[/quote']

Maybe, but at least we can try and reduce this as much as possible. Our banner day today is a huge success, we are getting notices flooding in.

It seems that two cyclists were hit by a car near Hermanus this morning' date=' the grapevine has it that one is serious and that the driver was under the influence.

?

Where is this going to end !?
[/quote']

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that you had posted this. Still pretty tragic though.

We need our own bike lane for cyclists only, like they have in Holland, BUT the trick will be is to keep the taxi's and some other cars out of it.

We cycle mostly on Karwyderskraal Road - it's quiet except for the large rubbish trucks (the drivers of which seem considerate). We wanted to do some flats so we cycled on the R43 on Monday and the whole ride I had the heebie-jeebies. Sorry to hear about these two guys and their ruined Argus (probably) outing. Hope the law throws the book at the driver. So angry.