Argus coverage on TV

evanr4

Any else think that the TV covergae on SABC 2 was awful. Camera work was dismal. I think we missed a very good race :(

Well done to Malcolm

I agree that the race coverage was disgraceful. Why bother getting Lance to ride if no one can even see him. Supersport needs to take over next year.

I remember watching a rugby game played overseas some years ago and thinking the same thing. The director / cameramen never had a clue where the ball was or where it was likely to be next and kept missing the action. Probably our guys just don't know anything about cycling.

An almighty stuff up!Angry

Can you imagine being in CT at the ARGUS in a rare breakaway with MTB and roadie legends with the ARMSTRONG and the race commentator is Liggit?

....and the TV coverage is brought to us by???

Amateurville Rocky Horror Picture Show!Censored

Well, I had to take the commentator's word for it that Lange won it. Hope the 'Official broadcaster' of the 2010 World cup has a contingency plan. Todays coverage was horrible. I've seen better stuff on youtube 

I'm not sure if Supersport can do any better, besides, the OB units are mostly outsourced to private companies by the SABC. The nature of the terrain means that the following cameras need choppers in the air to relay feeds, and if the choppers can't fly because of the wind then there is no live coverage.

I think we should rather blame the DA run city for not providing us with the right weather, I mean FFS, didn't they learn anything from last year.

Guest colonel

I would suppose they would do what they can on the day, but I would also presume that on Supercycling there would be good coverage of the racing with better images.

It seems that the ladies race had less wind than the elite men. I mean the commentators kept saying that they could not show us the images from the motorbikes with the elites because of the high wind. The images from the elite ladies seemed to get through so i can only assume that the ladies had better weather.

Also loved the way we had to break to another P n P add as the race hit the top of suikerbossie. Good timing fellas, really made we want to rush out and support the previous sponsor of the 94.7

Pathetic to say the least.

Useless SABC should rather stick to news and soaps.

I wasted a three hour tape to record CRAP. Why are still paying tv licenses????    Angry

m met/supersport were even worse, all they had was darren scott and that other plonker who hosts the soccer running around suikerbossie acting like a comedians, throw in Arnie and the circus was complete. anything, even sabc is better than what we previously had.i if i remember correctly they only had the elite race live.