Most famous wheelsucker in the world

Groot Lem 2

There's been a lot of moans in the past about riders not pacing and then sprint. I've always tried to explain that its perfectly legal in road racing, and Lance proved my point. Esp if you're 2 against 8 or 9.

Thanks for racing in RSA Lance, and showing a lot of people how its done.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Lance sat on for 109km' date=' then came to the front with 400m to go and sprint. He didnt even pace on Chappies or Suikerbossie.

If the greatest Tour rider of all time use this tactic, then surely it can now be approved as legal and ethical tactics in cycle racing?

Thanks Lance, argument closed??
[/quote']

C'mon Lem - you've been round the block enough times to know when you're fighting 2 against 6/7/8 you don't do a lot of pacing...

Give the man credit for not knowing the locals and still managing to get himself and Darryl (or maybe that should be Darryl and Lance?) into the winning break.

Or is this just a general anti Lance post disguised as cycling wisdom?

Sorry, but since when has wheelsucking not been a legit tactic?

It may not be beautiful, it may not win friends but surely wheelsucking is just part of racing?

Is Groot Lem 2 not some big shot in South African cycling?

If he is, such a comment is a total disgrace and lacks any foresight.

If his not, well I guess everybody can have an opinion.

So Lance sat on for 109km' date=' then came to the front with 400m to go and sprint. He didnt even pace on Chappies or Suikerbossie.

If the greatest Tour rider of all time use this tactic, then surely it can now be approved as legal and ethical tactics in cycle racing?

Thanks Lance, argument closed??
[/quote']

Gee - you sure have a HUGE chip on your shoulder.  You need to have a balanced point of view - get a chip on your other shoulder..........Darryl and Lance against teams of 5/6/7??  Wow - you must be a helluva man if you could have done better. 

Get over yourself..................

I am sure Groot Lem wrote that tongue in cheek!

Go easy, Fellow Riders.

Saw Lance at the start of the race - what a cool sight for an Argus...   smiley32.gif

I am sure Groot Lem wrote that tongue in cheek!

Go easy, Fellow Riders.

Saw Lance at the start of the race - what a cool sight for an Argus...   smiley32.gif

Cooler sight was seeing Alberto win Paris-Nice and Team Radiosmack get nothing!!!

Your like a bunch of b!tchy little girls when it comes to Lance.

If he'd ridden off the front and left everyone for dead, the Hub would be ablaze with "How can they let a demon race against our pro's in our race, its not fair"

The big picture, Lance did OUR biggest race, and he seems to only have pleasant things to say about SA.

I sure hope he didnt check out the Hub, coz its just shamefull.

Im very sure GL made a joke. And from what I can remember from a few years ago at the oudsthoorn mtb tour, he is also fond of this tactic..Wink

Im very sure GL made a joke. And from what I can remember from a few years ago at the oudsthoorn mtb tour' date=' he is also fond of this tactic..Wink[/quote']

Ja nogal snaaks hoe hy homself nou met Lance vergelyk...man is rerig grootkop

Well lets put team medscm and and mtn. int the TDF and see how much weel sucking they will do?? Lance made it clear that he is not here to win, but wil try and let Daryl, win, I think they did good, for LA and DI were the underdogs from start, For everyone would like to say "I beat lance"

Ah crap' date=' I thought the Argus was comming weekend. I guess I have to cancel my plans now.[/quote']

Just take your MTB, I sure you can get a late entry into the "other" fun ride starting on Sunday.

Lance did the Argus and Cape Town proud!!!  The Argus is already the biggest timed ride in the world.  The more people that come to Cape Town the better for our economy!  If Lance made a difference then great for him and more so Cape Town.  PS.  HE beat me hands down......