You had a crappy Argus?!

Schwynn

Imagine my surprise when I opened my bike bag to discover this!!! smiley7.gif smiley7.gif smiley7.gif   smiley19.gif

20100314_155047_IMAG0039.jpg

20100314_155202_IMAG0040.jpg

This is how I had it protected inside a padded bike bag!!

I have removed the padding from the rear stays and at the bottom bracket for the pics.

20100314_155121_IMAG0041.jpg

If anybody has gone through this before, I need assistance please. Who do I got and Bl smiley35.gif m for this?

Please hurry as my will to restrain myself is withering fast!!

I forgot to mention that I traveled with MANGO!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch!!! smiley3.gif

This was also the last year I flew our bikes down. Will make another plan next year. Airlines just don't give a sh|t!

Check the limited liability release tag- did you get one? If yes, what does it say? If no then -Did you pay a handling fee? Contact Mango Customer service ASAP or as Mango says "notify a Mango representative at the airport"

Guest Big H

Is that a crack Schwynn?????? ...... and did it happen on the way back??????

If a crack they must have whacked it with something really heavy???????

Yip, that is a crack. I saw it this morning just as I was about to leave for the start. It really made my day. Imagine if I did not see it and it broke at speed.

I obviously did not cycle, so total loss, airfare, accommodation, car hire and R30 000 frame. smiley18.gif

Yip' date=' that is a crack. I saw it this morning just as I was about to leave for the start. It really made my day. Imagine if I did not see it and it broke at speed.
I obviously did not cycle, so total loss, airfare, accommodation, car hire and R30 000 frame. smiley18.gif [/quote']

That really is heartbreaking. Hopefully you did have insurance on the frame because Mango is going to blame ACSA handlers and there's no way of knowing if it got damaged in Johannesburg during loading or in Cape Town during offload. Sorry but everyone is going to pass the buck so just report it to the Mango Station Manager on the offchance they will assist- and get your insurers on it. What rotten shiit luck.

I feel for you, not sure if insurance works the same in SA as in OZ. I had a stack, didn't crack the frame however did bend my bars, seat and front rim, all were covered by general house hold insurance and replaced with upgrades. All I had to pay was my excess.

My first move would be to call your insurance and make a claim and then try get the Airline to cover costs. Also send an email to a number of newspapers and any consumer tv program explaining to them how much everything cost. Make sure that you blame the Airline, bad publicity is not going to help them get new customers or gain trust.

Schwynn - that hurts.

Beautiful Cannondale.

Me gonna get me one of those case-like bike boxes when I start travelling with me baby.

My bike was damaged in January on a Kulula. They finally paid out this week for part of the damage but in their case they limited their liability to US$20 per kilogram of luggage which won't cover a new frame in your case.

Well, I suppose this is what you have insurance for. Only problem is that with every claim premiums go up, excess has to be paid, and so it carries on and on.

I am just hoping to have my bike soon as I sold my previous one on Friday. smiley5.gif

We were having a chat about transporting bikes yesterday. Feeling was that when bikes are padded and cased up the handlers take that as licence to throw them around. If the bike is loaded as a standalone that they have to wheel on the guys generally take better care of it.

Crappy to find your bike like that especially when it looks like you have taken so much care.

Ouch sad to see a Cannondale with such a wound! Put it down to bad luck, and hope you can get sorted.?

I used that Strider Splint to put my frame on in the bike bag, that all worked out well. Service from 1Time was excellent (so far).