Racetec time calculation for Argus wrong?

emiljs

When I crossed the finish line my polar said 3.28:05. My official time is closer to 3.29.

Does it mean the final race time was only calculated when you went over the mat at the end? If so, it really sucks, as I slowed down considerably after crossing the finish line and about 20 passed me before I got to the final mat.Confused

Can anybody confrim?

I check my time when the gun goes off at the start and when crossing the finish line. Is it not suppose to work like that?

My time was spot on, always has been. The race starts when the gun goes off for your start group and ends when you cross the finish line. Some people start their stopwatches when they hit the start mats, it can take some time to get there which will throw your time off.

My time was spot on' date=' always has been. The race starts when the gun goes off for your start group and ends when you cross the finish line. Some people start their stopwatches when they hit the start mats, it can take some time to get there which will throw your time off. [/quote']

in that case, my time is probably correct

I think the timing mats are actually positioned about 100m further up the road from the finish line & thats why ur final time is slightly more than what you recorded on ur polar?

30 secs over 3;30 hours...?? thats like a 0.2% discrepency.. not a big deal camaanWink

Just spoken to Racetec. They say the last mat is a backup mat in case the chip signal was not picked up when you crossed the finish line at high speed .

In that case I presume my signal was not picked up going over the finish line.

Lesson to learn then...  do not slack down until you reach the final mat; as to adjust your time by Racetec would be close to impossible.