Dumbass MTBers

manbearpig

So I was driving along witkoppen at about 6am heading out to Babbas lodge yesterday. Cruising down the hill there by Fritz pienaar there was about 8 mtbers in their club 100 kit going the same direction. Riding like they were the only people on the rode, swerving out to pass each other 2 and 3 abreast in the road with me trying to avoid being bumped by one on them. To quote myself at the time you guys were riding like "a bunch of f*&king idiots". I don't want to sound like a moaning old granny but really okes, it's behaviour like this that gives us cyclists a bad name. In future at least try ride single file through the dip.

Cyclist = people , and some people are RETARDED

Motorist = people, and some of them are also RETARDED

if you have no sense of safety and logic is only a word in the dictionary - no-one and nothing will be able to help you.

Cant feel sorry for someone who creates digs his own grave, by not thinking

What p.... me off, is MTB'ers in Fritz Pienaar club kit, riding into oncoming traffic, like runners on Botha Ave. WTF man?! It's hard enough to worry about cars from behind, and now you have to dodge MTB'ers in your lane? Seriously...

Here we go again. And I thought cycling was one sport with sub divisions. We cannot go a day without insulting each other and we expect motorists to respect us?

Its not dumb ass mtbers, its dumb ass cyclists.

What p.... me off' date=' is MTB'ers in Fritz Pienaar club kit, riding into oncoming traffic, like runners on Botha Ave. WTF man?! It's hard enough to worry about cars from behind, and now you have to dodge MTB'ers in your lane? Seriously...[/quote']

Clearly you never had a car on your back? I see no problem with cyclist riding towards oncoming traffic if road permits and it is done properly e.g. make way for oncoming traffic as they have right of way. My personal opinion is that it is much safer. Not sure about the legality.

What p.... me off' date=' is MTB'ers in Fritz Pienaar club kit, riding into oncoming traffic, like runners on Botha Ave. WTF man?! It's hard enough to worry about cars from behind, and now you have to dodge MTB'ers in your lane? Seriously...[/quote']Clearly you never had a car on your back? I see no problem with cyclist riding towards oncoming traffic if road permits and it is done properly e.g. make way for oncoming traffic as they have right of way. My personal opinion is that it is much safer. Not sure about the legality.

That is exactly the problem! These idiots think they do not have to make way for oncoming cyclists!

That is exactly the problem! These idiots think they do not have to make way for oncoming cyclists!

Well this is not something you are going to fix with direction. It's a mentality and these are most probably the same guys who ride 5 abreast, go upstream on a single track and fart while peeing.

Here we go again. And I thought cycling was one sport with sub divisions. We cannot go a day without insulting each other and we expect motorists to respect us?

Its not dumb ass mtbers' date=' its dumb ass cyclists.[/quote']

This is a better comment!

MBP, my dumb@ss MTB'er beats your crowd. There I was driving home from work on Friday evening down Rustenburg road towards Linden (the section of road that us spruit riders use) when this dude rides up the embankment and overshoots the pavement halfway into my lane of traffic. I nearly cr@pped myself. After hooting furiously and telling him off (only I could hear me though), I thought about how ironic it would be for someone like me who is passionate about MTB to run over and kill a MTB'er.

If you can't control your bike, rather walk up the embankment

We are all t%sers on our bikes, road or mtb or in our cars, every now and then.

It doesnt help our cause with motorists to behave in a seemingly unsafe manner especially in SA where motorists are bundles of road rage waiting for an outlet.

I have just stuck the big yellow "Think Bike" sticker on my wagon and its a good reminder to me every time I see it...

Its not dumb ass mtbers' date=' its dumb ass cyclists.[/quote']

Its not dumb ass mtbers, its not dumb ass cyclists.

Its dumb ass people.

I just don't get it. I ride a MTB, and I always do it on the gravel side of the tarred road, not on the tar itself. I have never given it any thought of training on the tar, just does not make any sense.