SABC Coverage of Argus

Ageless

What happened to the television coverage of the Argus.  Apart from the editorials during the morning, the coverage of the race itself was politely put - absolute rubbish.  This was a poor performance considering that it was one of the most exciting Argus races everConfused  If the wind was a factor then why was the elite ladies race and mens 40+ covered so extensively compared to the rest of the event? 

True, it was very bad quality. Most of the camera shots looked out of focus. There was break in the last 3 km from the finish in the Elite race and the camera didn't even pick it up. Ok, the guy was caught again but it could have been different. Was it as good as previous year's ? I don't think so ...

Useless the camera bike was following the women they should have been behind the 15 man breakway.  How can they get it so wrong ???its only 110 k's they have to follow. Its perfect on all other offshore races even the tour de Maurittius. Excuse of no reception is also odd, they clearly didnt do there logistics correctly. Real pity as it was a great race with fantastic break away, would have loved some TDF quality.

Absolutely pathetic. I could have been watching any 12 (not14) riders riding along a Cape road from 1000 metres. Couldn't see any action for the last 30 k's. As Pirate said, 1 man broke away, we don't even now who it was, and the camera didn't pick him up.

What a waste of watching time.

The sponsors of the pro teams must've been seething as this probably the day they get the biggest bang for their buck...... All in all absolutely shocking.

Why can't DSTV ( SuperSport ) do the Argus from next year ? There was only boxing and maybe one or two other live events on for most of the day ? More than enough open stations ...