Polar speed on Ontdekkers....

AndreZA

I use a RS800CX on my bike with speed and cadence. It all works 100% except when I go past the Shell garage on the corner of Ontdekkers and Gordon. I lose my speed signal and the receiver tells me to check transmitter. When I get to the other side of the road it work again. Cadence and HR still works 100%. It works 100% when I go the other direction. It's not a once off. For the past 6 rides past there it happens.

Anybody experience this here or somewhere else?

It happens to me at robots too.
\

There are plenty of traffic light on Ontdekkers and I stop at each one when they are red, but it only does this at this one.

Get a powerbalance band. The space age hollogram will sort out any cosmic interference. 

'n Tipiese Censored antwoord, net soos wat die Parra sou gee as hy moes kommentaar lewe!!

ClapClapClap

Get a powerbalance band. The space age hollogram will sort out any cosmic interference.?

?

'n Tipiese Censored antwoord' date=' net soos wat die Parra sou gee as?hy moes kommentaar lewe!!

?

ClapClapClap
[/quote']

if I had a heart it would have hurt.

I use a RS800CX on my bike with speed and cadence. It all works 100% except when I go past the Shell garage on the corner of Ontdekkers and Gordon. I lose my speed signal and the receiver tells me to check transmitter. When I get to the other side of the road it work again. Cadence and HR still works 100%. It works 100% when I go the other direction. It's not a once off. For the past 6 rides past there it happens.

Anybody experience this here or somewhere else?

Yes, its probably related to some electrical signal that is interfering with your polar signal.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have the same problem with my CS 400 and RS 800, both of them loose HR, distance and speed info (don?t use cadence) over a +/- 1.5 km stretch of track that runs next to a river close to where I live. The particular stretch is between 2 buildings which contain power turbines that are driven by the river and the cables between the 2 buildings run under the track.

Also loose the same signals on the RS 800 on certain treadmills.

Railway lines also interfer with the CS400.......

The Shell garage could be using wireless (or radio) transmitters for their security camera's, which would interfere with your watch since it operates on the same frequency, 2.4GHz. If not, keep a lookout for equipment like Wireless Networks/Hotspots, Bluetooth devices, and cordless phones, that operates on the same frequency.

If I had to take a guess at the signal dropping at traffic lights

(robots), it may have something to do with speed cameras. Some of the

camera's have wireless transmitters in them - linked to a cellular modem.

I'll bet if you could take a look inside, you'll find that it operates

on the same/similar frequency again 2.4GHz. The cellular modem operates on either 900/1800 MHz so that shouldn't interfere.

The only other thing I can think that may be causing problems at traffic lights is that the radar speed detector may be emitting electrical interference. I'd be worried if its that though, because radar detectors operate in the Microwave frequency band... so it you stop at the traffic light and start feeling a little warm... best to keep on peddling.ErmmLOL