Rydons - the wind factor?

SeaBee

Okay, I know there's a lot of Rydon fans out here, so I guess it'd be best to ask here. And no, I did not read the pamflets...

I took my new Rydons out for a spin yesterday around the peninsula. And loved it - felt great from the first time I tried them on.

The only thing that got to me was quite some wind "behind" the lenses and irritating my eyes. I have not adjusted anything beforehand - but how can I help get that wind less. I looked like I was peeling onions at times!

Any ideas/tips/tricks would be great.

Don't have that problem. Try to adjust them a bit. I adjust mine almost weekly before rides.

Not great advice, but can't think of anything else.

Played around a bit yesterday evening - ended up widening the nosepiece so that it's much closer to my face, think that should sort it. Pamflets helped zip - was just the warrantee stuff!

After I've finished playing, I just for the heck of it put on my old glasses again - just to realise how comfortable and natural these Rydons feel. Wow...

Rydons are designed to keep the wind out of your eyes, and are not supposed to cause any wind irritations as described in your thread. Start by playing around with the adjustable nose-piece and arms, and if this fails, try smiling while you ride..... raising your cheeks should help seal the deal for you! lol! Good luck with your Rydons, they are awesome specs! 

Trust me, smiling was the one thing I was doing! Got injured and missed almost 2 months of training (from late Jan). So it was a joyride - and I thoroughly enjoyed it, smiled as far as I went, waved at people - generally had a blast!

But thanks, I will fine-tune it a bit. Knowing all this, I'm pretty sure I'll get it sorted.