Cheating in the Argus

Scooter200

What would happen if someone took a "short cut" from Fish Hoek to Noordhoek instead of going round Cape Point? I'm assuming that that not going through the timing check-point at Smithswinkel would prevent them getting an official time?  Been looking for information on this but cant find any. Thanks.

Probably nothing if nobody picked it up but worst of all you would be cheating yourself.

I would think that if they didn't go over the mats at Smits their results will not show?

I was in the VA group and while going up Suikerbossie yesterday i passed a guy with a C seeding. I was like .. WTF, how did he get there before us??  Confused 

I would think that if they didn't go over the mats at Smits their results will not show?

I was in the VA group and while going up Suikerbossie yesterday i passed a guy with a C seeding. I was like .. WTF' date=' how did he get there before us??  Confused 
[/quote']

It was probably scooter200

Big%20smile

wonder why you'd want to know, hmmmm.

if you're just a hacker, who cares.

if you're trying to win it google 'ronel liss' or 'jago liss'

Happened years ago that a no-name lady "won" the ladies race by pretty much doing that. They caught her out that she didn't go over one of the "along the route" timing mats.

That is absolutely very possible! It happened in the Argus in the ladies race in 2004 I think, when I used to race.

A lady by the name Ronel Liz (who I sadly got mistaken for Big%20smile) did that and she managed to finish just 15 seconds ahead of Anriette, placing us 2nd and third. Anriette was basically in tears!

I could not stop laughting when this women pitched up for dope control, she was a fun ryder through and through! T-shirt and all... her Boyfriend did the same and they both won the aldies and A bunch respectively!

People amaze me sometimes!

It was all sorted at the time but made big headlines!

wonder why you'd want to know' date=' hmmmm.

if you're just a hacker, who cares.

if you're trying to win it google 'ronel liss' or 'jago liss'
[/quote']

HAHA - ja when was that story again ? I cant figure out why people want to cheat in sports - especially a local race - I mean - its not like there's a lot of cash involved like pro riders on pro team...

crazy.

Same type of people who cheat at golf days

Guest Big H

That is absolutely very possible! It happened in the Argus in the ladies race in 2004 I think' date=' when I used to race.

A lady by the name Ronel Liz (who I sadly got mistaken for Big%20smile) did that and she managed to finish just 15 seconds ahead of Anriette, placing us 2nd and third. Anriette was basically in tears!

I could not stop laughting when this women pitched up for dope control, she was a fun ryder through and through! T-shirt and all... her Boyfriend did the same and they both won the aldies and A bunch respectively!

People amaze me sometimes!

It was all sorted at the time but made big headlines!
[/quote']

Goed om jou hier te sien, gaan dit goed????? ..... jislaaik die AURECON kit wat ons gekry het is naaaice!!!!!!! Panda natuurlik!!!!!!!

Happened years ago that a no-name lady "won" the ladies race by pretty much doing that. They caught her out that she didn't go over one of the "along the route" timing mats.

That was Ronel Liss.

I wonder what ever happen to Mrs Liss?Did she ever win another race?

Guest colonel

Didnt she and her husband or something also cheat at some running marathon?

Ja they did... i think it all came to light eventually... this is good memories...must admit!Smile They also claimed to have won some race and sure they did because the race was cancelled! Hehe... some peeps!