Mountain Biking for three days ? routes please

OscarS

September last year we have done a very nice three day ride/tour through the Cederberg Mountains, pitching camp every night at a different spot (180km in the 3 days). Now I am looking to do something similar but somewhere else in the Western Cape.

This time I would like to set up a base camp (camping with tents) and ride loops. Looking at doing 50 to 70km per day and preferably as far away from civilization as possible. Any suggestions welcome.

Any chance you have a map of where you rode the last time or guidance on how to find places you can ride there? Would really love to do something like that at the end of the year, but no idea of how to go about organising it (the route mainly).

Cederberg in three days

Day 1

We started off at Sanddrif campsite riding towards Wuperthal (this is technically a 4x4 route), though Wuperthal and stayed over at Mertenhof

65km ? 920m climbing

Day 2

From Mertenhof towards Clanwilliam over the Pakhuis Pass and to Keurbos Campsite

68km ? 1310m climbing

Day 3

Keurbos back to Sanddrif

46km ? 940m climbing

We camp everywhere and had a Landy as a backup vehicle. Because day one is a 4x4 route, our other vehicles with the family and camping gear had to do the round trip through Clanwilliam to Mertenhof.

It was a great ride. The only drawback is that they where busy surfacing (tarring) a big part of the road between Mertenhof and Clanwillaim. which will make this part of the road very boring

20100315_120503_Cederberg_KML_F.zip