Which Bike?

Roons

About to go shopping for the Mrs... smiley2.gif

Her intention is to do the 94.7 and Argus, so plans to get into the training thing a bit more seriously.

In the past she has only ridden a mtb, but I feel a road bike would suit her best for the above events (obviously).

However I only ride a mtb...

Do do I get her a mtb (and slick it for the above events) or road bike and get her to use her old crappy bike for our rides together? smiley5.gif

I know most would say take the gap and get yourself another bike too - has crossed my mind! smiley15.gif

if you wanna spend time with he it would be better to have a MTB then.

But if you want he to do her own thing now and again, a road bike.

this way you can go and ride on your own etc.

but buying her a road bike and not a new MTB might create problems in the long run and she would like to have a NEW mtb as well.

go MTB. except if you buy both of you new road bikes ?

Get her a road bike. Much nicer to ride on the road.

When you ride together just ride your mtb with her. It is good training.

With the way the roads are, and the amount of fun to be had on a MTB, I would say.....mountain bike! I suppose you also need to decide how much you are spending and if the missus will keep up the road cycling?

If you do most of your rides together, just get her a mtb and slick it for the road races. I don't see the point in buying a road bike for two races a year.

You have to calculate the amount of time she'll spend on the road bike throughout the year vs the mtb. Personally, I'd rather have a decent mtb (and slick it for road races) than a crappy mtb and a crappy road bike.