Entry for Vigne-a-Vigne and Cellar to Cellar

Rapunzel

Has anybody been having problems with this?

The process is very time consuming (trying to enter my husband and I for both races). Tygerberg MTB is not on the list of clubs so I'm also being charged licenses on all entries which really adds up.

I phoned grandstand management on Monday, explained the dilemma and mailed them all the details but entries close tomorrow and I've still not had a resolution, even after a follow up phonecall smiley19.gif

The payment wouldn't go through yesterday, but worked early this morning.

Try choosing another club, like PPA, or ROAG

Aren't you a PPA member?

Grandstand is pretty focused on the Epic (even though they are running these 2 races as wel). I doubt you will get a call...

Expensive races to enter...

I am avoiding both of these - I think they are really just rent a crowd events, you know to add to the hype for the real racers, the Epic guys and gals, or maybe I'm too cycnical :-) As such I'd rather not be there and save my money for the Lourensford classic when the focus is well and truly on the race I have entered. My 2c

Entered Vigne last week - no problems then fortunately.

Really enjoyed the race last year and I'm looking forward to it again this year!

Cool - so I used PPA for subsequent entries but still can't correct the one which is half completed (club details can't be changed on the "Edit details" screen) smiley7.gif

Agree on the "rent a crowd" thing. I really enjoy the racing and it's great for getting my form back so I'll give it a go but I'm really miffed with the profiteering on mtb events. There was a fair amount of hype around the Renosterveld mtb event (entries opened on the 15th) but the prices are really scary - R4600 per 2-man-team for an unsupported 3 day /300km race (ie no accommodation, only support at watering points and stage finish).