Moved: Group rides - Randpark ridge areas

Teardrop

Hi

I am moving to randpark ridge on the easter weekend. I would like to join a group of riders that I can train with, road and mtb. Looking to ride early morning on the road and weekend on the mtb. Distances not a problem.

Any help would be appreciated as it does quite suck to train alone. Would like info on when and where rides leave from. Weekday rides need to be early though as I need to get to work on time!

Thank you

Janneman

Janneman, there is a road group that starts from Town Square next to Hillfox on the weekends. Sorry I do not know which club that is.

Isn't there a Club in Orange kit starting from Gordon Rd/HP - near the Engen/Woolies/Mike's Kitchen in Bergbron too.

I stay in Randpark Ridge, so I'm also interested to see what sort of group rides there are. I usually get into the office 6 - 7am, so morning rides are not ideal (plus some days I commute, so I get my ride anyway)... but weekends I'm keen on some MTB action.

I've heard there's a group MTB ride that leaves from Northcliff Cycles on Saturday mornings... does anyone know any more detail on this?

I normally leave my house in North Riding to join our normal group of guys in Ruimsig. Takes me about 45min to get there (leasurely) and about same time back. OUr routes differ depending on races preparation and social activities. The pace is round about 18km/h. We build routes from about 50km on average to 100km (our traditional Mugg n Cheese ride to Van Gaalens) It is alway MTB as none of us own g-strings :-)

Isn't there a Club in Orange kit starting from Gordon Rd/HP - near the Engen/Woolies/Mike's Kitchen in Bergbron too.

That is New Horizons and to get the from Randpark ridge you need to do a bit of climbing.

Climbing can do with improvement. Just want places and times so that I can plan my day around the morning cycling. Even just contact no so that I can find out from the people themselves

Im in Honeydew Ridge, also looking for someone to ride MTB with on weekends, I also go to MTN cycle park or TEAK on Saturdays.

Is there no groups that ride in that area during the week? I did check New Horizons but they want you to join after three ride?! I am already a member of another club!

Looking for moring rides where the guys do 40 - 60 km in an hour to hour and half and for winter mtb riders!

How difficult can that be! Any help PLEASE! Or can someone give me the no of bicycle shops except for cycle labs no so that I may gather information from the shop and maybe recogmend a shop where I can service my bike's!

Help would be appreciated!

Bionic Cycling club start from Town Square in Hendrik Potgieter over weekends. They also just started a mountain bike group and I think they do have a group that ride weekday mornings. Go and check: www.bioniccyclingclub.co.za or contact Sven on 082 448 3322 the club chairman Broker2010-03-19 07:13:01