Cyclist knocked down on Hendrik Potgitier

quinton

Eish... I Saw a cyclist lying under the silver blanket on HP this morning.

I think he got knocked by a lady driving in the emergency lane or who ever knocked him over drove off... (she was parked there with the Police so not sure if she knocked or if it was someone else.

RIP

I hate reading posts like this. So unnecessary and tragic.

Be safe out there guys and girls.

Always anticipate the worst and/or most unpredictable from motorists.

Sad news indeed. Has there been a marked increase in these incidents or are we all just more tuned to it and its getting more/quicker exposure?

The line on that road needs a new coat of paint. Some places you can not see where the emergency lane is anymore.

Sad indead.

Very sad!

How must you be more careful if you are riding in the yellow line and you get hit from behind? (if that's what happened in this case - I dont know)

I am gatvol of all this road works and so on happening. People are getting more irritated and make poor choices/judgements. I dont kniow if this is the case.I am seriously consedering Mountain biking.

May the cyclists family be carried through this sad time.

People being irritated from roadworks is f all excuse to knocking people over or using the roads like irresponsible tossers.

We complain about potholes, then bitch like spoilt kids when there are roadworks reapiring and upgrading.... go figure.

A lot of the problem extends to the way we behave on the road.

Guest Frail4Life

RIP

Please guys take care and Think of your Actions.