FIFA and their greed

Mojoman

Johannesburg - FIFA has ordered budget airline kulula.com to withdraw an advert that says it is the "Unofficial National Carrier of the You-Know-What", The Star newspaper reported on Friday.

The airline announced on networking site Twitter: "Oh dear, letter from FIFA's lawyers says we broke their trademark of the use of 'South Africa' and think our non-WC ad was about soccer...

'Surprised'

Officially, the airline said it was "surprised" to receive a letter from the world football body demanding it withdraw the adverts.

"They said we cannot depict the Cape Town stadium, we can't use soccer balls, or the word 'South Africa', and the depiction of the national flag is not allowed," said marketing manager Nadine Damen.

"We can't make any reference to the World Cup. They also told us we cannot use the vuvuzela, which, in our view, is representative of the people of South Africa and their love of football."

we can't use soccer balls' date=' or the word 'South Africa', and the depiction of the national flag is not allowed,"[/quote']

does this mean I have to remove my little SA flag from my bicycle aswell?

Until the end of the WC on the 11th July, we are all FIFA's bitches, suck it up and live with it.

Its our country hosting it, and paying for it!  Not being able to use a soccer ball, Vuvuzela, national flag (the dumbest thing yet!) or reference to the , well you know what (just now I get a letter) is plain stupid!

we can't use soccer balls' date=' or the word 'South Africa', and the depiction of the national flag is not allowed,"[/quote']

does this mean I have to remove my little SA flag from my bicycle aswell?

YES, and the vuvuzela out of your arCensored..

Its our country hosting it' date=' and paying for it!  Not being able to use a soccer ball, Vuvuzela, national flag (the dumbest thing yet!) or reference to the , well you know what (just now I get a letter) is plain stupid!

[/quote']

You pay for the honour of hosting it. Not so that every second guy can make money off its back.

They're the boss. Its their tournament' date=' they make the rules.[/quote'] They don't own soccer though! They are merely bullies!! I wonder if this will cause any trouble with good old FIFA and Sepp Blubber???20100319_042207_2010.jpg

They should change their add to: Unofficial air transportation for the sphere-like sports event in the most southerly republic of Africa.

any advertising for the next four months will be construied as a reference to the FIFA WC 2010

They should change their add to: Unofficial air transportation for the sphere-like sports event in the most southerly republic of Africa.

smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley32.gif

It's pure greed from FIFA and service providers......

Ironically the "Official Technology Partner" isn't providing the broadcast equipment.

The list of restrictions from FIFA is crazy, yes by all mean protect your brand from hijacking, but the list crosses a definate line.

The media accreditation process has also been pushed through in a fairly heavy handed manner.

The SWC should be a positive thing overall, but some of the ethics leave food for thought.

I work for a big retail chain, we are not even allowed to put a competitors (To FIFA"s partners) product on sale, in window graphics or on the front end of a line of shelving in-store, we also have to do our receiving at night for the month, we are not allowed to drive our trucks around with product display signage on the truck bodies ect. etc. crazy stuff. SA sold our soul to FIFA when we got the WC.

That been said I cannot wait, and I back the WC all the way.....

I work for a big retail chain' date=' we are not even allowed to put a competitors (To FIFA"s partners) product on sale, in window graphics or on the front end of a line of shelving in-store, we also have to do our receiving at night for the month, we are not allowed to drive our trucks around with product display signage on the truck bodies ect. etc. crazy stuff. SA sold our soul to FIFA when we got the WC.

That been said I cannot wait, and I back the WC all the way.....
[/quote']

I think Only Budwiser beer may be sold within 1km of the soccer stadium

Hows that

I think Only Budwiser beer may be sold within 1km of the soccer stadium

Hows that

Well ... that's just not cricket, old chap!