what can i get for 40k

macca

If you buy the frame locally and the parts from Totalcycling, you could build a Bianchi 928 T-Cube with Campag Chorus groupset and Scirroco (possibly even Eurus) wheels for less less than R40k.

If you're willing to go second hand on components, you could probably go up to Record and get some even nicer wheels.

Have you thought about Kona?

There are some very good pricing on 2009 models like the King Zing (full Dedacciai Scuro HCR Carbon Frame, Ultegra ICE 10 speed, Mavic Ksyrium wheelset, etc) for only 13,600 ZAR (reduced from 33,000)

www.konastore.co.za

Kona Road - 2009

I'm always amazed why people would ask other people what they should buy with their cash. Who cares what other people suggest what you should by. Do your home work and by what you want/can afford. At the end of the day it's what you want to ride

I'm always amazed why people would ask other people what they should buy with their cash. Who cares what other people suggest what you should by. Do your home work and by what you want/can afford. At the end of the day it's what you want to ride

Is this not homework, asking other ppl's opinions who might have been shopping in this market before?

In about 2 weeks time I'll have an Edge ISP frameset here to view and a week or 2 after that, it will be complete with SRAM Red and full Edge carbon build... Could do a complete build with SRAM Red and SRAM S40 wheelset (or a choice of a few other wheelsets ranging from cheap alu wheels to Easton EC90's - obviously this will affect the price) for R40k (possibly slightly less, but will only have final pricing once everything arrives here).

If I were out bike shopping with that sort of cash, I would look at the Giant TCR Advanced, or possibly a Scott CR1 or Addict. But that's just me. There is a lot of choice out there and my wishlist changes regularly.

Let us know what you get in the end.

Happy shopping!

If you buy the frame locally and the parts from Totalcycling' date=' you could build a Bianchi 928 T-Cube with Campag Chorus groupset and Scirroco (possibly even Eurus) wheels for less less than R40k.If you're willing to go second hand on components, you could probably go up to Record and get some even nicer wheels.

[/quote']

I Agree