Groenkloof today - fantastic!

mudda

Hi All,

I normally cycle at groenkloof during the week. from about 5pm onwards. Its usually very quite, bar one or two riders.

Today, I took my family. It wasawesome. The kids have plenty of room to ride on the tar road thats closed off. Nice horse rides, and walks.

I was honestly surprised at the great family venue it turns out to be on the weekends.

Clap

Yeah, Groenies is the best in pta - affordable, enjoyable and just plain great for the family.

Mmm, so why didn't you join us?

We had a blast cycling groenies and then went to play in fountains. smiley4.gif

I agree, it looked like a great family day and the kids were having a bike festSmile!

But I do want to appeal to those the use the tracks to stick to the directional signage and to those that do to educate the others that use it to do the same. I had a lovely mom and daughter cruising down a single track in the opposite direction to the signage and ourselves. Fortunately we were going up and slowly at that and a collision was avoided. If the situation was reversed we would have had a serious problem.

For the short time that I have been riding it has become clear to me that falls are part of the sport but lets try to minimise the avoidable ones.

There I feel  better nowBig%20smile!

Monday was my first visit to Groenkloof and what a great place just outside the suburbs of Pretoria. Had breakfast after the ride under the trees and really enjoyed it.

I'll be back!!

I haven't been there for some time, went there yesterday with a newbie to the sport - all kitted out on his new Ellsworth Truth - 20mins in a fall and a broken wrist happened and we went home...but I'll be back. 

I haven't been there for some time' date=' went there yesterday with a newbie to the sport - all kitted out on his new Ellsworth Truth - 20mins in a fall and a broken wrist happened and we went home...but I'll be back. [/quote']

so when  will the ellsworth be up for grabs?Wink

I

But I do want to appeal to those the use the tracks to stick to the directional signage and to those that do to educate the others that use it to do the same. I had a lovely mom and daughter cruising down a single track in the opposite direction to the signage and ourselves. Fortunately we were going up and slowly at that and a collision was avoided. If the situation was reversed we would have had a serious problem.

Also experienced two groups going in the wrong direction on Monday. I agree we should make an effort to convince everybody to ride in the right direction.