Power training with the tacx flow

capeofstorms

Hi,

I've just acquired a tacx flow and would like to do intervals based on power. The web has very little information in this regard (i.e using  tacx flow).

Has anyone got an example workout? Also do you use slope or ergo mode?

Thanks

get a proper program.. speak to colonel - he setup my program for me and it was frikking brutal, but it worked.

money well spent

get a proper program.. speak to colonel - he setup my program for me and it was frikking brutal' date=' but it worked.

money well spent[/quote']

Thanks Fandacious, will do

Power training with the Flow will be no different from power training with a powertap, with one very obvious exception. 

I have an older flow. maybe i am doing something wrong but even though i calibrate it i still find that there is at least a 20% diffrence in the power reading between it and the powertap. I ride with my powertap on the flow sometimes and the flow overreads the power output. The flow says i am Jens and the powertap says i am meCry 

Is it consistent, though? If you're using both PT and Flow, inaccurate readings are a problem, but if you're using only one or the other, it should be fine so long as it's consistent.

The major benefit of power training is not so much comparing yourself with other people, but rather comparing yourself with yourself.

yes the error is consistent. My point is that if you are training using power readings on the flow then you may have to adjust the power levels so you can train in the correct training zones. orbeaorca2010-03-23 06:09:26

yes the error is consistent. My point is that if you are training using power readings on the flow then you may have to adjust the power levels so you can train in the correct training zones.

Maybe you should just do a separate threshold test on the flow to determine your zones.