94.7 Cycle Race-Entred

Tachymeter

Well you might say I have a serious problem, but I have already entred (hoop spelling is reg) the 94.7 cycle challenge, but my thought process was that the quicker I entrered the more I will train? to do the bloody race in a sub three 3 hours.

Nice one Tachy! I've also entered Thumbs%20Up Ha ha when you doing the south - sbr - south ride?
Ja well that is something else, after Saterdays ride I need to put some serious LSR in, but I will have to attemp it the near future. Maybe at the start of Mei to build some strenght in these skinny legs. I might look like a climber with my .... well skinny ass build..... but I am a 100% well sucker at this moment in time.

Like thomas said:"I know I can, I Know I can.......huff puff........ I know I can......'tAngry
Tachymeter2010-03-23 07:18:18

I've also entered too (acually entered Thursday 18th March) - it is on 21st November

I seem to think that the entries have opened much earlier than previous years - maybe the new sponsors are trying to maximise entries (and get money in the door - X number of entries x 8 months before the envet, at R270 per entry - now that's a healthy bank balance, and a reasonable amount of interest!)
levett2010-03-23 07:35:53

Nice one Tachy! I've also entered Thumbs%20Up Ha ha when you doing the south - sbr - south ride?
Ja well that is something else' date=' after Saterdays ride I need to put some serious LSR in, but I will have to attemp it the near future. Maybe at the start of Mei to build some strenght in these skinny legs. I might look like a climber with my .... well skinny ass build..... but I am a 100% well sucker at this moment in time.

Like thomas said:"I know I can, I Know I can.......huff puff........ I know I can......'tAngry
[/quote']

Ha ha don't worry i had a beat down handed to me on Sunday's ride. That was another story altogher with the nutters I got dragged along with Ouch

I'm also contemplating (thanks word a day toilet paper) doing it again this year. But I first need to do some qualifying races as I have not done a road race in 6 years.

I'm also contemplating (thanks word a day toilet paper) doing it again this year. But I first need to do some qualifying races as I have not done a road race in 6 years.

Now that's definitely not a k&k idea. Where do you buy it oh wise, sitting man?

I've just looked on the Cycle Challenge website, and the entry fee includes an R5 CSA Rider Levy  - WHAT IS THAT FORAngry and what do we get for itErmmQuestion So we pay for our Licences, and then get to pay them a levy on top of that!

Last year there was (I think) 28,000 entries - at R5 per entry, that's R140,000 to CSA on top of what we already pay!

levett2010-03-23 08:29:12

Well you might say I have a serious problem' date=' but I have already entred (hoop spelling is reg) the 94.7 cycle challenge, but my thought process was that the quicker I entrered the more I will train? to do the bloody race in a sub three 3 hours.[/quote']

Hey Tachy, it looks like we have the same goal in mind so I have an awesome idea. I'll sit on your wheel for 90km then you can sit on my wheel for the rest...

Last year I started so far back the stars were almost out, I had to navigate through thousands of people and then came the N14 DeadDeadDeadDead

This year I'll hopefully start just after sunrise and hopefully do a sub 3hr.

I've just looked on the Cycle Challenge website' date=' and the entry fee includes an R5 CSA Rider Levy  - WHAT IS THAT FORAngry and what do we get for itErmmQuestion So we pay for our Licences, and then get to pay them a levy on top of that!

Last year there was (I think) 28,000 entries - at R5 per entry, that's R140,000 to CSA on top of what we already pay!

[/quote']

Mmmm can't see myself doing these races again - too expensive and pay for every little other thing too & get ripped off in the process....

3hr or a sub-3 means nothing to me anymore .... been there !!! Confused

Enjoy guys

'DTBig%20smile"

Well you might say I have a serious problem' date=' but I have already entred (hoop spelling is reg) the 94.7 cycle challenge, but my thought process was that the quicker I entrered the more I will train? to do the bloody race in a sub three 3 hours.[/quote']

Hey Tachy, it looks like we have the same goal in mind so I have an awesome idea. I'll sit on your wheel for 90km then you can sit on my wheel for the rest...

Last year I started so far back the stars were almost out, I had to navigate through thousands of people and then came the N14 DeadDeadDeadDead

This year I'll hopefully start just after sunrise and hopefully do a sub 3hr.

LOLLOLLOLLOL So you are one of those"wheel Suckers" they talked about in the "so barry beat lance' thread?

That was my idea but know the cat's out of the bagAngryAngryShockedAngryAngry