le captain vs. monorail

MTBiker

My bike initially came with fast traks. I like the tyres but do find that they lose it in certain situations. Ive now worn one of the tyres out to a slick. SO am looking for something with a bit more grip.

I read the spez captain is similar to a fast trak but more grip and obviusly more RR.

My friend also recommended the maxxis monorail. is the monorail similar to the fast trak.

So What do you recommend between these two.

( Search function not working) (so asking porbably a already answered question) (smiley16.gif) MTBiker2010-03-23 11:10:40

I just seen that the cwcycles website has conti Race kings UST for R450 and maxxxis crossmark UST for R350. Where does a race king fit in and what kinda price could i find the 2bliss captain at.

I have found my race kings very good - have them front and rear. Close spaced sharp knobs that wear with square edges unike some other cr@p out there. Low rolling resistance and ideal for dry cape summers on sand, gravel and rock. I'd maybe go with the mountain kings if you are riding in mud a lot or at least a mountain king on the front.

Yea, it depends where you are riding.

I ride the monorail as a rear tyre and I ride in the PMB/Karkloof area. Get quite a lot of mud which sticks to the tyre but it clears far better than the fast trak; which I have owned. It rails awesomely at low pressures (I run it tubeless and thanks to some discussion with WW)

I don't know how the Captain behaves, have not used it before.

Yea' date=' it depends where you are riding.

I ride the monorail as a rear tyre and I ride in the PMB/Karkloof area. Get quite a lot of mud which sticks to the tyre but it clears far better than the fast trak; which I have owned. It rails awesomely at low pressures (I run it tubeless and thanks to some discussion with WW)

I don't know how the Captain behaves, have not used it before.[/quote']

Thanks Travis, seems I've atleast managed to help one person on the forum, even if I can't always help myself :)