Astana you tjop

Wyatt Earp

The EPO comments is a little uncalled for. Stirrers...

?

The guy had a heart attack 3 years ago' date=' so obviously he had some problems.
[/quote']Well , "we" the "epo conspirators" , or at least me, don't know anything regarding his health and medical history - so just assuming everything is normal etc the EPO / doping issue came to mind.If he had a heart problem then it solves a lot of mystery.Just saying - not putting blame on the guy and not trying to spoil this thread - just mentioned it..strange to see all you guys jumping on your horses if a MTB'er suddenly dies and drugs are mentioned, would bet ya that if this was a roadie someone would have mentioned drugs a lot sooner.just my opinion.its still a life lost and its sad to hear. ?
What if it was your dad or your child that died, and some random nobody on a bike forum shouts about drug use? Its direspectfull and shows your lack of class. Show some respect dude. Go cause some *** elsewhere, do you work for an English tabloid? with your sensationailist un-proven rhetoric?

Mackie I am with you 100 %.

Astana my boy, may I suggest you take your sewerage elsewhere.

I personally think that your original post shows absolutely no respect and I would hide my head like an ostrich if I was you.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

I saw Elvis here in Nigeria..... quite a few times already...... we braai tjops quite often!!!!!!!

The poor man is not properly cold yet and everybody on a wide front of websites are accusing him. Sies julle klomp is eintlik maar 'n klomp vieslike mense!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, the first thing that popped into my mind was EPO. That is a fact I can't lie about and is indicative of the sad state of cycling.

I obviously don't know what really happened to the guy, just like you are speculating that he died from natural causes. This is the beauty of freedom of speech, being able to speek your mind without being censored by anyone.

Seriously, who do you think you are dictating what anyone should or shouldn't think, or say out loud for that matter. When an elite cyclist dies in his sleep, the thought of EPO is going to cross my mind, because in many of the cases that is how elite cyclists die when they don't wake up from their sleep.

All Astana did was speek his mind on an open forum, and he is neither respecting nor disrespecting the deceased or his family, he is just stating a very real possible cause of his death.

So if you think what Astana says is sewerage, and I suppose i fall into same classless boat now, I suggest you learn to suck it up because this is a free world and I certainly am not going anywhere. That is only a suggestion though, i'll leave dictorship up to the Robert Mugabes of the world.

velo2010-03-23 13:41:57

You need to lern how to wraait speak.

All I wheely wanted to do was speek my mind as well, sommer 4 cross.

It was way out of place for Astana to share his thoughts in that particular thread, wedder you shmaak it or not.

Was it really necessary to speculate ?

I am happy to be a "disctor"

smiley5.gif smiley36.gif Dangle2010-03-23 13:53:53

Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, the first thing that popped into my mind was EPO. That is a fact I can't lie about and is indicative of the sad state of cycling.

I obviously don't know what really happened to the guy, just like you are speculating that he died from natural causes. This is the beauty of freedom of speech, being able to speek your mind without being censored by anyone.

Seriously, who do you think you are dictating what anyone should or shouldn't think, or say out loud for that matter. When an elite cyclist dies in his sleep, the thought of EPO is going to cross my mind, because in many of the cases that is how elite cyclists die when they don't wake up from their sleep.

All Astana did was speek his mind on an open forum, and he is neither respecting nor disrespecting the deceased or his family, he is just stating a very real possible cause of his death.

So if you think what Astana says is sewerage, and I suppose i fall into same classless boat now, I suggest you learn to suck it up because this is a free world and I certainly am not going anywhere. That is only a suggestion though, i'll leave dictorship up to the Robert Mugabes of the world.

What you say is correct, it works both ways,I spose you have freedom of negativity also, but why do it? Does it make you witty or sharp? I think not, it shows your narrow minded-ness, it shows your lack of class, respect, you are free to do that also, but why do it, be nice, life is too short to be cynical. Be the change you want to see in the world-M Ghandi. Peace Out.

must admit, knowing what has happened to youngsters using EPO in the past, heart attacks and all...not knowing the deceased, Drug Use was the first thing that popped into my head. Maybe I have been cycling to long and the old way just seems to familiar?

101 SCC

My main purpose was to remove the negativity from a thread that needs to be kept clean. just my 2 cents worth.

Your opinion is what your are of course rightfully entitled to smiley2.gif

Mackie

Cycnical, I love that word smiley32.gif

Absolut Dangle,

I didn't read the 'other post'. I read the article on cyclingews and ...

Just thought I'd add my 2c...not looking to argue. There is no answer to this one yet.

Dear Dangle

My comment did not target anyone and with no intention to take anything away from the rider or his family.

If you see my comments in context and at the time - you will notice that it was still very early in the day (with not a lot of info available on any news site or forum).

My intention was not to state that he did dope and accuse him of doping, but just to raise the question. No one can be ignorant and naive about doping in cycling and young guys dieing because of this. Its happened before and will happen again.

Sorry for not knowing the guy's history and medical history etc.

Did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Who would be so sick to disrespect someone who had died ? This was not the intention, and if you thought so, then I would recommend reading something with a lighter attitude and not jumping to negative conclusions to quickly.

No one would say something as disrespectful, to anyone or his friends and family in time of death and sadness.

you will notice that it was still very early in the day (with not a lot of info available on any news site or forum).

Wait, I think that now I understand where you coming from and what your intentions were.

However at the time of your original post all the info as we know it now was available, but wait there is more, you don't try and get out of it, no, no no, you dig the hole even deeper with your roadie comment.

Oops, just realised, I actually don't know where you were coming from with your conspiracy theory in the first place.

Guest colonel

Astana, do you think before you post? Not the 1st time.

My first thought was it must be a bastard of a race. I was under the impression that the EPO deaths were something that happened in the early days of the drug when riders were still figuring out the dangers and so on.

I would be interested in what caused the death of this rider as perhaps it is something that can be avoided and other lives saved. I assume that the conjecture around the death was intended in the same spirit and I suppose that is why it came up. Who knows, any of us could have a life threatening condition and not know it.

Anyway, bottom line is it is very sad and a real tragedy.