Cracked helmet

niklasvm

So on monday i took my first real crash and as a result have written off my helmet. Its a yellow giro one, not sure exactly what model though. Does anyone know what the crash replacement warranty is about? I've searched in the forum but no exact results.

Problem also is that i've had it for a while and no longer have the receipt.

Any advice?

take it to the shop with the receipt. They will call the agents. Agents will decide if the helmet was not abused and if still within the 3 year replacement timeframe. Will replace it and you pay in 30% of the price of a new one.

Aren't the helmets designed to break upon impact to weaken the impact transferred to the riders head? I might be mistaken... just wondering

Aren't the helmets designed to break upon impact to weaken the impact transferred to the riders head? I might be mistaken... just wondering

You're correct, thats why generally they only last for one crash, after you've knocked it once i don't think you can really trust that you'll be protected again.

I've had good experience with GIRO and replacements.

Take it to your LBS and ask them to sort it for you.