MTB trails around Clamwilliam and Napier

Andy210

Howdy

I'll be flying over to Cape Town from Brisbane next week and bringing my MTB - Mates are showing me around Tokai forest but I'll be spending days at Clamwilliam dam and Napier. Are there any MTB trails around these areas?

Andrew

I am not aware of MTB specific routes near Clanwilliam, but there is a gravel rd leading past the dam (on the eastern side) towards Algeria, a forestry station in the Cederberg. The section of road leading past Algeria was paved in June & July last year, but it is a still good MTB terrain, past Algeria it becomes gravel again and then you can test your legs up the famous Uitkyk Pass (Uitkyk=Lookout). If you feel strong you can cycle much further, it is rugged terrain and you need to be self supporting iro water and cycle maintaince. There are many other gravel roads in the area, just speak to the locals. I am off to the Cederberg this weekend.

Similarly you will find many gravel roads in the Napier area, I have cycled on the one leading west out of the town, this rd is just below the main road and goes over rolling hills through the wheat fields. More cross country style riding than technical MTB.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Morne1 I may take you up on that offer when in town - I'll pm you you closer to the time.

Any Clams in William?? smiley36.gif

More like Clanwilliam... smiley20.gif

What, no clams mate - I was only going there for the clams!Big%20smile