HRM - what to look for and suggestions

mark ellis

Hey all,

I am looking to get a HRM.

What functions should I look for?  time in zone etc?

Looking to spend about R2500, what would you suggest?

No question get a Garmin Edge 500 from crc - hr, cadence, speed, temp, altitude etc etc evem has breadcrumbs for routing and you can load routes on it, view them on google. 

Unless you only want HRM ?

Then I cant give any advice.   

I think it largely depends on what info you want to get out. Just Heart Rate info or are you interested in a bike computer too?

No question get a Garmin Edge 500 from crc - hr' date=' cadence, speed, temp, altitude etc etc evem has breadcrumbs for routing and you can load routes on it, view them on google. 

Unless you only want HRM ?

Then I cant give any advice.   
[/quote']

Do you own one yourself? I believe it's quite difficult to read the display when mounted on a bike

im getting one cape but very postive reviews (and ive really trolled the net) yes glare is an issue at certain angles but im getting an anti glare film to stick over :)

Yup, I'm going for 500 myself. Worked out that to get anything really better than what I currently have (Sigma PC9), I might as well add an extra K and get the best.

Its either get the 500, or get the cheapest.

Have to agree crbrundson, el-cheapo or edge 500, the middle ground really is not worth the money.

Like I have a suunto t3 but everything is broken and its basically worthless now, so much for the mid way option...