Magura shock oil ????

Guest Iron

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Can someone tell me what oil I can use to service my Magura Duran Race, the manuals says use Magura type 5 , but does not say what the  Weight  is or Viscosity ect ......

Any suggestion on what will be good ?

be careful with the magura durin race, there is no agent in sa for magura products. speak to Johan Bornman he services my shock

No use calling Cycles Africa. They are NOT the agents anymore and have no stock of Durin parts (if for any Magura products at all).

By agreement with a local bicycle importer who brings in bikes fitted with Magura forks, they were supposedly supposed to keep some stock and now there is a fight because they didn't.

Long story and a sad one for Durin owners.

Use any old 5wt fork oil in the damper and any old 10 or 15Wt oil in the lubricating bath.  Get it from a motorbike shop. It doesn't have to be blue or red or green or approved by Magura or Fox or Rox.

Check out the Magura website there's a recall on the Durin forks...

Cycles africa have not been the agents since last year August, there is no agent in SA for Magura. sad .

The recall was on the first batch of 08 Durin's , i have a 10' durin so lucky there.

THanks though.

No use calling Cycles Africa. They are NOT the agents anymore and have no stock of Durin parts (if for any Magura products at all).

By agreement with a local bicycle importer who brings in bikes fitted with Magura forks' date=' they were supposedly supposed to keep some stock and now there is a fight because they didn't.

Long story and a sad one for Durin owners.

Use any old 5wt fork oil in the damper and any old 10 or 15Wt oil in the lubricating bath.  Get it from a motorbike shop. It doesn't have to be blue or red or green or approved by Magura or Fox or Rox.

JB , thanks for the info.

[/quote']

It was worth a shot, I was not aware that they had lost/dropped Magura, but they never really carried spares for the forks anyway...

• 8 months later...

contact

Cutting Edge Marketing

082 563 3698

They are the new agents for MAGURA in South Africa