WHAT THE!!!!!!

Guy2607

We hear of people from all walks of life these days that are affected by the situation that this country in spiralling into.

I have personally witnessed cyclists (commuters this time) being knocked down by inconsiderate ass....... on two different occasions within the last six weeks on Allandale road whilst they were riding within their right on the left shoulder of the road within the yellow line area to and from work.

This last incident involved 2 cyclists this last Thursday. Needless to say the metro police were once again and true to form nowhere to be seen even though it was rush hour traffic. Angry

The inconsiderate ass......e motoristsAngry who deem it their right to rush past the left side of law abiding citizens were the cause of both these incidents.

The metro however were out in full force manning a speed trap behind a bush on the K101. What the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!AngryAngryAngry

We hear every day of people being hurt and killed on our roads but very little gets done about it!!!

Come on guys - do something about this and to earn your salary!!! The taxi's and other motorists who blatently break the law in our country and on our roads are out of control. You get a salary every month to bring these people to book and keep the normal citizens of this country safe. Step up to the plate and carry out your duty.

Maybe we need to call a ride in protest in all the major centers of this country and hopefully get some reaction from all the fat cats in goverment to the situation that is clearly out of control on our roads.

Guest Big H
What today is under control in this country?

Come and live in Nigeria to get a glimpse into the future......

If a crazy taxi driver attacks your workers and they panelbeat him with a spade ...... you have to pay, for the hospital costs, the cost of the investigation and a bribe to keep them form arresting everybody involved to subject them to brutal interrogation. Tomorrow I will have to pay again for witnesses to make statements. If a worker steals property you have to pay for the resulting investigation, if you need anything from officials you have to "dash" (slang for bribe)...............

................ If you peeps do not watch out this IS your future.......

ok..... start calling me a racist and a bigot now!!!!!!!!

Yellow lane riding is very, very dangerous and I share your frustration. However, ranting and raving here does nothing. Phone the Jhb metro cops, ask for Wayne Minnaar and talk to him about it. Nag him until he does something. Report the results back here. complete with Wayne's phone number so we can all pester him.

What today is under control in this country?

?

Come and live in Nigeria to get a glimpse into the future......

?

If a crazy taxi driver attacks your workers and they panelbeat him with a spade ...... you have to pay' date=' for the hospital costs, the cost of the investigation and a bribe to keep them form arresting everybody involved to subject them to brutal interrogation. Tomorrow I will have to pay again for witnesses to make statements. If a worker steals property you have to pay for the resulting investigation, if you need anything from officials you have to "dash" (slang for bribe)...............

?

................ If you peeps do not watch out this IS your future.......

?

ok..... start calling me?a racist and a bigot now!!!!!!!!
[/quote']

I thought Nigeria would be a lovely place to live seeing that all their criminals are here in SA... smiley36.gif

I agree with Shimano105. Going on a protest ride will just result in another few cyclists getting knocked over. Plus protests happen so often these days that nobody gives a sh!t and you can hardly keep up with what exactly people are protesting about. My suggestion. Stick to MTB and do the road races where there are total road closures. TIA, This Is Africa and we are heading to become the same sh!thole Zim is today. I'm waiting for my girlfriend to finish here degree, then we getting married next year and then my good friends, with lots and lots of sadnessCry i'm leaving this awesome country so my family and future children can have a better future, quality of live and grow up in a country where there is self disipline and where 80% of a population doesn't hate and recent each other...

BeeT, it is not so easy, you ride your MTB in the country, and then get mugged because you are in the veld, isolated and alone.

Catch 22 situation if you ask me

Just bide your time like most of the Unions are doing and wait until the start of the SWC!! Watch how the Unions will use the SWC to manipulate and gain what they want.

Hi all,

Pehaps we have to get together and litter, break, burn and cause total destruction of anything that does not belong to us in order to get the message across that we are not happy with the situation. If you cant fight them, join them.

So sad

Sarge

We can organise a protest ride at one of the stadiums during the world cup. Also do a sit down and block the entrance to the stadium. We can even get tv and media coverage then!

Anyone have Wayne Minnaar's contact details? I would love to have a chat to him.

It is the right of every citizen in this country to be safe on the roads and illegal drivers and those breaking the law in this country should be taken out of the system. Our first line of action and protection is the Metro Police and granted there are many officers out there that try their best but fact is the majority love to hide behind bushes behind a camera or at the local coffee shop instead of getting out there and getting in the faces of law breakers.

Do we really believe that cycling protests and petitions will change the criminal mindset of the current 'law enforcers,' who do not share the same mindset as those who are currently the victims of general anarchy throughout our country.  We will have to get used to the law of the jungle in South Africa, you only have to look around the rest of the continent to see where we are headed.  The scale at which the general rule of the law has detriorated has detriorated at the same rate that crime at corporate and governmental level has increased.  Cry The fact that I cannot leave my home to go to work, go for a cycle or go to the movies without fear of losing my life or having a loved one harmed is indicative of a lawless society that is fuelled by the majority of this country of 50 + million citizens who continue to vote in a bunch of incompetent bafoons AngryAngryAngry

BeeT' date=' it is not so easy, you ride your MTB in the country, and then get mugged because you are in the veld, isolated and alone.

Catch 22 situation if you ask me

[/quote']

The other problem is that riding in the veld with my MTB is not getting me any closer to work or back home in the afternoon.